My girlfriend called me average looking and now I'm insecure?

Well my girlfriend told me I was average looking. Soo I'm pretty much fucked since as soon as some pretty boy comes along she's gonna dump me. average to me means nothing special just another one that's has nothing going for him. Wht do I do?

Yes girls are shallow too and no I don't trust ANY girl

Most Helpful Girl

• I bet she didn't want it to come off in such a wrong way. Average looking to me means not TOO goodlooking, but also surely not bad. You're just you. If she's with you then she already likes you for you and your personality, that's a win-win situation to me. Don't take it so personal, you don't want to look and have to be insecure.

• No I just broke it off with her I'm never dating again... -.-

• If you don't date... You'll be sad and all alone for the rest of your life.😕

• oh well never been a happy person anyways lol

Most Helpful Guy

• "my girlfriend told me I was average looking" and then " girls are shallow too". Yes because you worrying that you are not hot makes you look very deep and "un-shallow". Pfft. The hypocrisy.

"as soon as some pretty boy comes along she's gonna dump me", then that means that
    1) You are boring.
    2) She is not someone you want to be close with.

I am on the low end of average and by the end of high school and beginning of college I had girls chase me everywhere I went, simply because I'm more than what I look. I know where to go with my life and what to do, and I make a decent income from freelancing and ghostwriting in several blogs.
    Some girls will call me ugly, but there's not one girl that will call me uninteresting. There are also some that would call me annoying because when I'm too much into something I kinda turn into TBBT's Sheldon.

But there's no way someone I dated would leave me to someone just because he's cuter, and even if she did there's no way I would care about that.
    The way you care about this kind of stuff speaks tons about the kind of person you are.

• well while I belive that you might get girls if you think a woman won't leave you or cheat on you with the next pretty boy she can attract you're delusional my brother :/

• Well yeah but those are isolated extreme cases of success I'm talking about everyday people with everyday lives. And in this case the actors got there with their looks because lets me honest most of those guys acting sucks... The only good looking actor that I thought was funny was ashton kutcher because of his role as michael kelso thats 70s show.

Anyways in real life pretty boys and hot girls got it made. A hot girl doesn't even have to work to live and a hot guy is more likely to get a job even if his credentials are not as high as the other guy, I've seen it happen I bet you have too.

As of being boring I don't really asume I am since I got a bunch of friends to be honest the only one that seems to hate me is well, myself.

• Depends on the job. Most jobs today don't work like that. Some still do, of course. For example, they are only going to choose cute girls and cute guys to be models and to have face-to-face interactions with clients (say, a sales person, a car dealer, secretary, etc) even if an uglier guy has better experience and qualification. That's just a fact.

However in most jobs nowadays it doesn't work like that. For example I do all my work in front of a computer screen. The highest paid jobs nowadays are either done this way or in labs. There's no need to show your face. My neighbor looks like a dog who got ran over and he drives a Mustang (he works as a molecular researcher for an international beer company).
      So yea, some jobs are, and will always be, reserved for handsome people. Others aren't. I really don't think this is something you should focus on.

What Girls Said 10

• Wow, what a b... Seriously, what was she thinking? If any guy called his girl ' alright or average, he would be picking up his ass off the sidewalk. Or picking up his clothes from the curb. You deserve better. Everyone deserves better!

• yup its true that the one you like can kill your self confidence... but just stop generalizing

• Obviously she's with you for your personality then? That's way more meaningful than if she was with you for your looks
    Stop generalising the whole female population, makes you sound like a bit of a prick tbh

• nah that bitch is gonna dump me for a pretty boy or cheat because thats how women are :)

• It's like saying all men are ignorant divs like you but I'm developed enough to know that's not true :)

• Call me what you want I don't really care...

• Well is she average too? She's with you for a reason... just keep that in mind

• nope , she's hot. Yeah for a reason like "I'm gonna take advamntage of this meal ticket while I bang hot guys behind his back"

• Like someone said, other girls has other point of views of guys.

• no pretty much everyone agrees on centain things thta are attractive they just choose betwen those

• Most people in this world are average looking, nothing is wrong with mediocrity.

• At least 80 or 90 percent of people in the world are average looking. Average means normal. If your going to have a mindset like that then maybe it's not a good idea to be in a relationship now.

• average is the nice way to call someone ugly everyone knows this

• I'm with him. Average is not good enough for someone like me either. In the things I care about, I must make myself beyond exceptional.

• Did she straight up tell you your average? How did she word it?

• If you don't trust her leave her and save her the trouble of your insecurities

• Most people are average. Big deal. She's prob average too.

• no, she's not

• Is it big?

• I guess

• That's not nice to say. When Im with a man I tell him he the best and I don't like anyone but him

• of course it's not she pretty much called me an ugly f...

• Maybe she trying to make you feel insecure then. It's not really a nice thing for someone to say that. Your meant to make the person your with feel there the best and you don't want anyone else

• If thats the case then jokes on her cause I dumped her a while ago

What Guys Said 11

• "Yes girls are shallow too and no I don't trust ANY girl"

So this and along with how your replies to other commenters, I think this situation never happened and you only made up your story with your supposed girlfriend to just say how you think all women are untrustworthy...

• So let me get this straight. A women gets hit on just about every day which makes that being hit on 365 times per year. Multiply that by how old she is and you get a substantial amount of guys that tried and failed. But out of all of those guys you actually got her and you're being insecure about it? Where is the logic in that?

• The point is that she thinks she's better than me and she will cheat on me with a pretty boy. she's probably just using me or something

• Using you for your Ferrari or that beautiful mansion that you just bought?
      You are now starting to think things that have not even happened.

Not saying that looks don't matter but girls are more into the perception of a man and his qualities. When you talk like this her perception of you will no be so high. So it's not the average looks that drive her into the arms of another man but your insecurity. Hate to bring it to you like that.

Maybe she was just testing to see how strong you are and you kind of failed. Don't let this face you. Just change this attitude. I just gave you 365 times her age reasons not to be insecure. Don't crumble when she says something like that. Don't say something like "Please baby don't leave me" but just make a joke like "I may not have the looks but thank god I have a magnetic personality". Show that you are of higher value than the other guys. Show her that you are a man by being a man. That's all you need to do. Don't worry.

• I didn't tell her anything it sunk in when I was at home and I asked this question, But A while ago I just broke it off. I don't wanna talk to her anymore.

And No I didn't mean using me for my belongins but using me to feed her ego till the next guy she actually likes comes along...

• That is a bit of a leap - Don't overthink it

• Lol seriously dude, if you had a backbone and some self esteem you wouldn't even care.

"Yes girls are shallow too and no I don't trust ANY girl"

Are you 12? You sound like it. Get off your laptop, go out and meet some people. I've met some pretty amazing girls.

And yes, you are insecure.

• yeah I'm insecure I stated that myself in my quetsion and no I'm not 12 and I know people are shallow as fuck :)

• I'm sorry you think that way. Wishing you all the best.

• thanks I appreacite it

• Start Stronglifts 5x5, lose fat, and get a badass body. Master your grooming skills, get a nice haircut, and grow some facial hair. If you're still dissatisfied, get some facial surgery to be better looking.

Boom--problem solved.

• Well to be completely honest with you I've been lifting for about 4 months I'm still skinny even after some newbie gains but I try to grind it hard with a calorie surplus and good sups like creatine , guess i'll have to be really patient since i'm extremely skinnyy

• Clear it with your doctor, then. If he says your back is fine for deadlifts and squats, then don't worry about how much weight you're pulling or pressing.

• actually doctor said it was okay it's my own fear that keeps me lol

• Literally 90% of guys are average looking.

• Bruh you need to start going above and beyond to make this girl feel like a queen give her the treatment she will miss and won't get anywhere else. you can be average and still stand out from the rest!

• fuck that I dont need to be bending over backwards for anyone

• Well dude dump her find a chick who doesn't make you feel insecure. And never look back

• I just did

• What' the problem with that? At least she was honest.

• avergae = unattractive

• Not really. Average is between good looking and ugly. At least she picked you out of all the millions of other average looking guys in this world, i think you should be happy for that.

• not really happy about being "average" at all. I want to be hot npot perfect but at least top tier -.-

• Insecurity is such an attractive trait. you'll do well with that...

• LoL The hypocrisy of people here...

I read all their answers and I know if you were a girl saying this, they would try to make her feel better or think the guy who said that to her is an asshole etc.
    They would never say shit like "most girls are average don't worry" . LOL.

f*cking hypocrites.

• is like when girls are shallow as hell with a guys height or muscles or whatever she's picky but if a guy says he don't like no fat chicks he's a shallow F**K

• Your girl is bitch. If she called you like that. She's just looking for "body" which fades away no matter how attractive you are when you'll get older everyone gets more or less bad :)

I would dump her and say yes I may be average, but you're not even close to that.