Guys, is it okay for a woman to ask a man out?

I have an older guy friend and we're fairly close. We've made out and hung out outside of work a few times. He wants to go see Jurassic World and I just wanted to see if it would be weird if I asked him to go see it tomorrow night?

I asked him and he said yes and even asked if I wanted to go get sushi with him before the movie. :)

17

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course, it's OK.

But, if you two are friends, he might just assume that you are going as friends.

• I want it to be as friends, I was just wanting to make sure it wasn't something a guy would find awkward.

What Guys Said 16

• Obviously, its makes you all the more attractive! A girl who knows what she wants and goes for it! If only there were more like that.

• Go for it! Its not weird at all. Friends of both genders ask each other out platonically all the time.

• Well if you asked it like "Hey, you wanna go on a date? :D" I might find it odd.
    If you just said, "Hey, I'm going to see Jurassic World, tomorrow. You wanna come with?" I'd be totally chill with that.
    You're still asking him in both of them, but the first one almost sounds kind of desperate while the second one sounds like you'd like some company when you go watch a movie and you wanted to watch it with him, in particular. I'd be totally down for it.

• If you want I mean I'm not going to get mad if a girl asks me out, saves me the trouble of doing it.

• You should update and say how it went afterwards. Glad you were able to score the date.

• Yes, why not? I don't know why girls have this misconception that guys are weirded out or turned off by this. I personally love it.

Anyway, congratulations on your success!

• Yes, but you're just friends so what's the big deal?

• Perfectly okay.

• Yeah my frkedn she does it all the timw. if u just wanna hand out.

• Yes it is, I actually prefer. which is one of the reasons my bae is... the bae lol

• Not at all, just going out as friends and seeing where it goes from there

• its great to be on the recieving end, flattering

• Was there a point to this question?

• As others have said, yes.

• Women, they're taking our jobs, wanting more rights? Seems fair...

• yes I am only going out with a girl most likely if they ask.