What do I do if the guy I'm dating is in love with me, but I'm not in love with him?

I do like him a lot, and we've been dating for 5 months. The problem is initially he said he wasn't ready for anything serious, and I wasn't sure what I wanted, so we had kind of agreed on dating for fun and casually and seeing how it goes... but because of that I kind of kept my distance and closed off some of myself because I didn't see a future with us and didn't want to get too emotionally involved. Now he's saying he's in love with me, and he's been talking about future plans, and I just can't return those feelings. I still don't see a future with us so I feel like what's the point...

Most Helpful Guy

• Stop dating him? I mean what else, given your last sentence.

• I know, but he's so... persistent. It's like I can't even say anything. He has this vision of us and I don't know how to extract myself from it. I should probably just be assertive and say what I mean, but I have so much trouble with that, and I suck at confrontations. Also, I don't know how he'll take it if I don't want to see him anymore

• It's either confrontation or let someone else run your life. Your choice.

• Yeah. Really not looking forward to it, but it just has to happen.

What Guys Said 2

• Then you need to tell him so and end it

• Let him go to be fair.

What Girls Said 0