Girls, would you date a guy with a best female friend this close or pass?

I'm friendzoned but its not a bad thing cause I like another girl anyways but were kinda reaching that brother sister type relationship. She will text me for emotional support and issues with her crush. She screen shots me texts between them and asks for advice and i feel like were too close. If I were to get a serious girlfriend i feel like I would have to cut contact with her cause we constantly talk. She even told me im the first person she will invite to her wedding one day. If I get a girlfriend I can't continue this friendship right?

16

Most Helpful Girl

• Damn that sucks,

I have and had best guy friend (s) like you..
    I've had a few and it's really heart crushing when the SO comes in between.

Personally think you can still have this friendship I mean you're both interested in other people "even though you had feelings and got friendzoned"

The fact is she's looking at someone else as a partner and so are you so what's the problem?
    You aren't acting on impulse feelings
    No reason to ruin a good friendship

Although the constant talking should be toned down. But other than that why not be friends and when you're all married or etc.. Everyone can be friends

• Well their was never feeling on my side at least lol.

• I can be friendzoned without ever having feelings right? Every girl I've ever been friends with friendzoned me and imi didn't like all of them in terms of dating.

• Yell than in that case don't be silly
      There's nothing wrong with that

And yes you using the word "friend zoned"
      Is misleading because it's most often used for when someone likes someone else but the other person doesn't want to date them because they think of them as a best friend and/or brother sister

People who say they're friend zoned are usually implying they want out of the friend-zone

I can assure you majority of the people who replied to the question think that this is someone you once had romantic feelings for but couldn't get

because you used the word "friendzone"

What Girls Said 15

• It depends on who you date. For me, I do not like it when my boyfriend texts or hangs out with other women. Period. He's ok with having zero female friends (for real) so it works for us. Other guys won't be okay with it and other women won't be as strict as me. Everyone is different.

• I think so. You might have to limit the amount of time you spend texting or talking to each other. ( e. g- don't do it on dates, or just after sex, etc). But no, friends are important! And as long as there are boundaries, it should be fine.

• Yes you can have a girl best friend. I personally wouldn't be bothered by it unless he gave me a reason to worry. I have good guy friends too and if he couldn't deal... then we have an issue. Trust is the key in any relationship and if you don't have that, you have nothing good anyway.

• You can continue that friendship. Don't leave your friend for some stupid bitch that don't trust you. If a girl ever tries to stop making you hangout with her dont. Bother with her. You know there is nothing going on between you and your female best friend and she will have to trust you on that. You don't need to be in a relationship with someone who doesn't trust you.

• Of course you can! And if you're with the right girl, she will encourage you to have friendships with guys and girls. My best friend is a guy and we talk about everything. If a guy I was dating said to end the friendship, he'd better start walking.

• Well I felt jealous when a girl I dated had a guy friend she told everything but I didn't say anything. It was still in my mind all the time.

• Most of my close friends are guys. So I don't think there would be much problem as long as you don't go caveman every time I'm cozy with my friends.

• You can continue the relationship, just maybe not so extreme. If you get a girlfriend, tell your friend you need some space, and if she's truly your best friend/sister, she'll understand why.

• Absolutely you can! You just need to ensure that the girlfriend does not feel that you are interested or involved with your friend. Make sure that she knows that you are attracted to her and only her, and always be honest with her. There is always the possibility of her getting jealous, and it doesn't make her a bad person for feeling that way. Just be honest and open and encourage her to do the same
    and remember, bros before hoes, she should not be the one to ruin your relationship. Just be smart and you'll be fine :)

• For me personally it depends on whether she is attractive and if she's currently in love with anyone. In any case, when you get a girlfriend, introduce her to your friend. Your girlfriend should understand that your friend is not a threat to your relationship. And you'll definitely need to cut down on the time you spend talking to your friend.

P. S. You're not "too close", that's just how girls treat their friends and socialise. We tell them about our problems and rely on them for emotional support.

• I would say go ahead and continue the friendship I've had a guy friend since elementary school and we have that bro sis relationship so I would only hope that my boyfriend would understand our relationship just like I would understand his

• I think you should tone down the friendship but don't cut it off. If I were looking for a guy, I would most likely pass up on you if I saw you had a really close girl friend mostly because it may seem like you guys are really close anyway or that there may be unrequited/unsettled business between you two that I wouldn't want to get involved with. Also, I would most likely constantly compare the relationship between you and me and you and your friend and you really don't want that because if I were to ever see that, over time, you were closer with her than me or you treated her better than me, I would highly consider dumping you.

But also, your friend probably just needs someone to talk to so don't turn your back on her but maybe make it clear that you don't have all the answers and that she needs to start toning down the texts and such (but say it in a nice way). Don't hurt someone's feelings over a girl you haven't even met yet to date.

• I would have to say no. I mean you can continue the friendship but you'll have to put some distance. You can't be that close because your future girlfriend will be jealous. And honestly, the the whole I've known them all my life is just a bunch of bull to me. Put yourself in your future gf's shoes. Would you be comfortable knowing she's closer with another man? Bestfriend or not. I'm not the jealous type but I am practical and a realist. I wouldn't date a man with a female best friend. That's a red flag for me. But that's just me 😊

• Been there it kissed me off but I'm the jealous type lol so I don't know if a girl who isn't would mind.

• I think a little jealousy is healthy in a relationship. Plus, it shows your partner that you care about her/him. It's easy for people to judge and say that if you trust your gf/bf, you wouldn't be jealous. But it's easier said than done.

• I awlays got jealous even seeing my now ex Pat her best guy friend on the pecs bothered me.

• No way this r/s can continue your future girlfriend would be so mad no matter how you explain.

• Whats R/s? I agree the friendship can't continue as strongly cause people get jealous me included.

• Relationship

• Well I think you can, if a girl is going to make you choose between your friend and herself then she obviously doesn't trust you enough. So no you don't have to cut of your friendship.

• I usually don't trust girls with their best guy friends though and knkw I would not date a girl like that. It's a weird situation.

• I do not think you can... The girl might end up developing feelings feelings when you are taken. Then you will be put in an awkward place when you have to choose between them.

• Well I would choose the girl I'd be dating over a friends but its still weird cause I know I wouldn't date a girl with a guy friend like that and i would get jealous.

• Eh I would feel the same way as you.