Girls, do you ever text the guy first or do you always wait for him to do so?

14

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's kind of annoyingly stereotypical when a girl waits for a guy to text first. I mean, the tradition of a guy asking a girl out or initiating further is more understandable to me, but come on. You're sending a digitally combined series of words to another person, and often they turn out to be of the opposite sex. If a guy wants to text me first then I'll let him, but waiting there hopelessly like Rapunzel for her prince is not my style (If I were Rapunzel, for the record, I would've hung my hair from a hook and swung down ninja-style).
    Also, I like to text first for a couple reasons; One is because you get to remind the guy that you're still there without waiting anxiously for him to be all "hey! It's been months since I thought of ____, Imma go text her!" Another is because leaving cute little messages for a guy to see when he's done with something you knew he'd be doing is CUTE AS FUCK. But also, if you start the conversation, you get the first words and can steer the conversation however you want. Food for thought :)

What Girls Said 13

• It all depends on the situation and no need Really to stand on Ceremonies.
    Whoever wants to First push the button on their end, goes ahead. It could be Me or him or Whoever when it comes time to later making plans to paint the town red.
    However, what Really does count in Making the Magic Move, is if the person 'You ever text' Puts you on a pay no mind list and then it is your choice, your call If... Wait for him or her to Respond or just move on and write them off your own list.
    Good luck. xx

• I sometimes text my crush first. It should be balanced and I want to show him I'm interested too. It shouldn't be one sided.

• Sometimes I text guys first, other times I wait

• Yeah. I do. Bc like why would that be a problem. Actually I always do bc nobody ever texts me first like actually.

• i always wait

• I always end up being the person to text first, I hate it! It really should be more of an equal effort to try to talk to eachother.

• I usually just wait for him to text me back, mostly because I feel like I annoy him if I text him first. My boyfriend and I talked about this and he says he likes when I text him first. So it's equal

• Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't

• Personally, I usually wait for him to text first, but maybe that is because I am nit very good socially and am one to have the "what of I am annoying him" thoughts. Honestly though, if you want to talk, message her regardless of whether she usually messages you first. It'll show her that you genuinely want to talk to her :)

• 90% of the time he messages me first. Once or twice I've messaged him to check in if I knew something was up, and occasionally I'll send him a snapchat that doesn't require a reply to open a conversation if he's feeling chatty!

• I always wait! Gotta make him work for it ;) Plus it separates the men from the boys. By waiting, it allows a woman to gauge a man's level of interest in her and it allows the man to feel his attraction for her and decide if she is worth pursuing. That is how I see it.

• Either, its nice for a guy to text u first because it makes you feel special but it works either way really.

• i always wait for guys to text first