Is it bad to want an older guy?

Im 17 year old girl and i have just started to feel pretty attracted to older guys like in their early 20's. Is that bad and weird? :$ i kinda think about it a lot now and would it be weird if i did anything with a guy that old? And do you think a guy whos 23 would even have any interest in a 17 year old?

Most Helpful Guy

• I lost my virginity to a 17 year old when I was 23. Most people believe that it's "sick" and disgusting but it's just two people who care about each other having fun. People have this tendency to assume that it always involves some evil older dude manipulating some naive little girl into sex. In fact, If I asked this same question (the other way around) this comment section would be filled with hateful comments calling me a pedo and a creep. Go with your heart, don't let anyone judge you for who you're attracted to. Just be careful when doing so because there are laws.

• Thanks :) and so you only had sex with her, like you didn't want a relationship with the girl?

• Yes I was in a relationship with her.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't get an older guy into legal trouble like that, it's unfair on them. Wait until you're 18 and the law actually permits it.

• wtf? we can fuk 16+s legally.

• I'm not judging you asker, or saying you should or shouldn't do something with the guy. I'm just saying if you did choose to do something, you probably wouldn't get him in legal trouble unless you lived in one of the few places where the legal age is 18.

• Oh, ok im sorry, thank you for telling me that! :)

What Guys Said 18

• There is nothing wrong or bad in it and guys do like younger girls but you might have to way till you reach adult age. Otherwise your attraction is normal. Young girls want to date older guys, older guys want to date young girls. That just seems to work perfectly.

• a lot of girls want an older guy. seems to be the norm, not bad.

• but a 23 guy interested in a 17 year old? well you would probably have to be shy of 18 for him to even consider.

• Not that bad but thought should be given to things like when you are 21 he will be 27 probably at very different stages of your life

• Not bad at all, where I live you wouldn't have problems. You know, I know a guy who started dating a 17 year old girl and he was 27, nobody said anything against it, at least not directly.

• I think it is bad where i live, but if no one knows then its not a problem

• Yeah, if no one knows it won't be problem. But you can also keep him close until you're 18. It's incredible how law considers that people magically change when they come of age.

• In my vcountry girls go for wayyy older at you age they go for like guys with their lives in check 25-30 year old at ages 16 - 18 and its legal to which is kinda crazy. In the states sex might be a bit of a longshot but as long as your parents dont throw the poor guy in jail you can do whatever you want, that's your business

• 23 and 17 is not much of an age difference. Wait till you're 30. Then you'll see that ending up with someone who's ten years older than you is not even something to worry about. Right now it seems huge because you're a teenager, but later, it's not all that important. Trust me. I've never had a girlfriend less than eight years younger than me, at least not since I was 25.

• My mom was 17 when she started dating my dad, who was 21, and they've been married close to 50 years. I don't consider it weird at all.

• Just go for it. It is quite a natural thing to want an older guy. It is only society that makes it unpalatable

• Early 20's? That's barely over a teenager, wouldn't classify it as "older" in the context you're referring to.

• you should wait till your 18, that way you don't get they guy thrown in jail

• Nope i always date older i dated a 21 year old once! For like a day😰

• That's a grey area.
    Asking for trouble if you're intimately involved
    Prosecuted for rape, molestation and registered as a sex offender.
    Look up the age of consent for your state

• I'm 21 and would prefer to date someone in their early 30s. There's nothing wrong in wanting someone older.

• It's normal

• I'm 23, and the girl I'm with right now is 17. I love girls who are younger because they look up to me in a way that girls my age don't. My girlfriend admires my experience and tells me I look so much more like a man than any of the boys at her school. It's a great feeling, and we work well together even though her life is kinda restricted. The sex is great, and that makes up for a lot :-D

• That's normal however you're putting them in legal jeopardy until you're 18.

• I think legally in most states it's okay for a 17 year old girl to be with a man in his 20s. Me personally I strongly would lean towards not being with a girl under 18. 17 miiiiight get a pass, but probably not. Either way it's generally not illegal. I think young girls want older men for a multitude of reason, but I don't want to get into that because it will sound like hate.

• Only girls with daddy issues like that sort of thing

What Girls Said 6

• You should really wait until you're 18 on this one. I mean could you imagine being interested in a 12 year old? I know it's not exactly the same but have a little more life experience and then start chasing the cute older guys ;)

• It's not bad

• That's not too bad. Just wait until you hit 18.

• I don't think it's bad. It might be frowned upon especially for him going after a teenager. And it might be illegal depending on what state you live. And yeah of course they'd be interested if they think you're worth the risk. I'm in the same boat as you, all my crushes (teachers/celebrities) are in their 30s and 40s

• No, it's not bad.

• I'm 17 too and I have a celebrity crush on an actor who is 48.

• Like i find them sooo hot ahah oh goshh :/

• Yeah i know, i always have a crush on older guys..

• Never