Because of dad issues?

Is it true that because I don't have a dad so it makes me attractive to older guy?
I'm 17 and I'm attractive to A LOT OLDER guy.
i feel like they can protect me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, yeah. If you didn't get the attention of a father or father figure growing up then that desire could very well manifest in the men you find attractive being quite a bit older. You start looking for partnership and intimacy early on in your adulthood but you never really stop seeking out that father-like male influence even at a subconscious level, so both of these things can become entwined.

There's also the notion that women will want guys that are more mature, which is generally going to be older guys and men tend to want younger, relatively inexperienced women with a larger fertility time table. Both of these desires match up pretty well leading to older guy/younger woman couples being pretty common.

What Guys Said 4

• We can't know if it has an influence. I think it's normal to younger girls to be attracted to older guys, but not much older. Maybe you're just a little bit different.

• maybe , you could try.

• That could be about the daddy issues. Older people tend to be more mature and less pushy of their beliefs. Most of my frends are 30 or older.

• hahahhaha thats hilarious. girls are awesome. dad issues she says hahahahaha... .

• Yeah people always told me that when i tell them i like older guy

What Girls Said 0