Girls, what would you think of a guy who took his girl on a date to McDonald's even though he has a fair amount of money?

• Cheep shitty boyfriend.
    49% (21)
  • It's the thought that counts.
    51% (22)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

21

Most Helpful Girl

• When I say "Its the thought that counts" I am lowering my standards.

I'd respect a guy that approached me, letting me know his money situation rather than taking me to get Mickey Dee's on our first date (like there isn't anything wrong with this).

I don't mind a cheap date.
    But would prefer a
    Picnic date
    or Beach date (still cheap)
    or $5 Tuesday Movie Cinema
    Sounds way better to me.

The fact that this guy has a "fair amount of money" just makes him seem cheap like he isn't even willing to try.

What Girls Said 20

• I mean in my head i'd question like why are we at Mcdonalds lol?
    Its not the "fair amount of money" thing that would kinda throw me off. Just because you have money doesn't necessarily mean you have to spend it.
    It really is the thought that counts, but its just that it would come off as if he didn't care much about the date!
    I'm not asking for a fancy French restaurant that serves like caviar and champagne.
    But i'd just like him to maybe try harder and actually be like "This is my girl, who cares if I spend some extra on her, she's worth it"!
    And by the way, what thought? Taking her to Mcdonalds to buy some shitty, full of preservatives piece of shit and let me add almost fake and genetically modified meat?
    Because that thought matters so much?

• I pick option C which is All of the above.

He's a cheap shitty boyfriend and it's the thought that counts. And his thought was that I'm only worth McDonalds dollar menu which brings me back to cheap shitty boyfriend!

• Why wouldn't he just take her to some place a little nicer? like Arby's, Chipotle, or why wouldn't he just pick up a pizza?

I don't think there's anything wrong if she likes the food or even suggested it.

But if he makes a fair amount of money and invited her on a date and ended up going to McDonalds, I would think that guy was really cheap.

• A date to McDonald's is unacceptable in my eyes. I do not want to be taken to a place that has fattening and unhealthy food for a date. I don't even eat there either.

• Depends why he does it. A silly, playful date that doesn't fit the usual rules can be memorable - I'd be in to that (although not McDonald's - hate their food). If he's screening for gold-diggers I could respect that but I probably wouldn't go out with him again - I hate being tested or distrusted (even though I know it's totally unfair to expect a guy to trust me when he's just getting to know me). If he's genuinely just being cheap, letting her know he's not going to invest any more of his money or effort in her than he has to, that's pretty unattractive.

• It's not about money. I happen to love McDonald's fries with a passion, so I would actually like that. You should nred to spend a lot of money on a girl to make her happy and if you do, dump her. She's probably a gold digger or treats you like her sugar daddy

• I'd be annoyed just because I refuse to go to mcdonalds.
    One because I don't eat animal products and two because I dislike the company.

• I'd be okay with it. No big deal. Because I prefer cheap over expensive. I'm not a high maintenance girlfriend so yeah.

• That he has no taste and/or originality, little desire to impress with his knowledge of food & wine and couldn't be bothered to do something nice for a date.

• Uhh it's better than when he asks you out picks you up and says "so where do you wanna go" actual plans are good. Why do guys have to spend a lot, I don't think it's having low standards. There are more important things when you're dating someone

• If she doesn't eat McDonald's then that would not be a great date.

I am curious as to why he would take her there. :p

• I LOVE McDonald's dates. But you have to still dress well for the date!

• I don't care about money, but I'm not so sure about McDonald´s. Why don't you go for a walk or something like that?
    McDonald's is the most unromantic, unsexy place I can think of for a date.

• i voted B its the thought that counts

• I hate McDonalds, I'd be like HELL NO bro lol we're going to Olive Garden or somewhere we both like that isn't cheap as hell an in bad taste

• A fast food joint isn't a date. No long dinners, no intimacy. A "thought that counts" would be BRINGING her fast food just because at midnight.

• Hahah thats lame as fuck

• Mmmmmm Macdonalds.

• Its not the best first date. Just as long as he mixes it up. I dont want to be taken to KFC for a second date. Maybe even I could take him out or cook for him.

• I hate wasting money and i would not care, whatever you and she feels like, the only time it may work to your disadvantage is on a first date if your trying to impress her.