What is your thoughts on online dating?

I've never had a problem with online dating, but I'm just curious of what others think of it and why. Do you guys think it's fine or is it completely out of the option for you personally. A lot of people say that online dating isn't a real relationship at all, and I've had some tell me that it is if you've built a relationship with that person. What are your guys opinions?

Most Helpful Guy

• I was firmly against it for years. I was lonely throughout my teenage years and into my early 20's, and I refused to resort to a website to find a date. It seemed like something desperate people do. Boy was I wrong! I was 22 and had finally given college a shot. I was a virgin, and had almost no dating experience. I thought it would be a wonderful opportunity to make friends, and possibly meet girls. When it wasn't really working out, I finally gave up and tried a few dating websites.

I immediately became hooked on it. I didn't have much success at first, but I eventually started having some pretty solid conversations with women who were surprisingly attractive. I knew the people on there were just as real as those you would meet in person. It was just easier to approach people, and you could often tell before you even met the person whether or not you'd get along pretty well. A fluid conversation online was a good sign. You could then exchange phone numbers and speak to each other, do video chat, or just meet in person and see how it goes.

My dating life took off very quickly. I had a short term relationship, several hookups, and eventually a long term relationship. It happened quickly and easily. I'd definitely recommend online dating to people who aren't comfortable going to parties or bars. Everyone is online nowadays, so why not go where the people are?

If we're talking about long distance relationships with people you meet online, that can be iffy. You have to be very open and honest, and engage in more communication than just messages on a website. You'd have to call and talk to each other, maybe do video chat. Very frequent contact would be required to make it work. I do believe that for some people, it could work.

Online dating makes it possible to meet people who you would never cross paths with otherwise. Who knows, your "soulmate" could just be on the other side of town. You wouldn't want to miss out on an opportunity to meet them, would you? Your chances increase with the use of dating websites and apps.

• What sites woud you recommend?

• Do you think it's ok for teens to online date? I know many say it's too unsafe and especially when a teenager, the best way is to just talk to people at school or not even word about dating at all.

• I don't want to look like I'm here to advertise, so I'm not going to mention specific websites and whatnot. But, a Google search or even an app search on your phone should reveal some pretty popular places. I found them in no time.

I'm really not sure if it's safe for teenagers. I know there are quite a few teens out there using them, but most have to say they're 18 to join and then tell everyone their actual age on their profile. I'd be worried about a 15 year old talking to someone who is twice their age (or older) and being put in uncomfortable situations, or even unsafe situations. Older people can play mind games that young people just don't understand yet. It might be better just to meet people at school. Most relationships at that stage will be brief, as both sides aren't mature enough to have a serious committed relationship yet. Of course, there are exceptions.

Most Helpful Girl

• Helps you make your chances of finding the right person higher. If you only look at people in your home town. Your going to have a hard time finding a good match.

What Guys Said 11

• Hang on, you're 16... so do you mean online dating as in setting up a profile and meeting people in real life on sites like OKCupid and POF... or having an internet boy/girlfriend that you Snapchat and go raiding in WoW together, saying LOL every ten seconds?

• Lol mainly an internet boyfriend. I did date one guy online that of course my mother knew about, and I met him in person because he lived in the same town as me. I guess I just want to know about both. Internet and meeting in person. What do you think about it?

• Internet relationships: fun maybe when you're an adolescent, but real life ones are more useful and fun!

Online dating (this is the actual meaning of the term): for your 20s and beyond, meet people to go on dates with. Feels unusual to start with but it's lots of fun once you get the hang of it.

Short answer is that getting off the computer and out into the real world is better.

• It has its advantages and disadvantages.

The advantages naturally involve meeting people you else might never would meet and also it being easier to break the ice and just talk.

The disadvantage is that it is strongly stacked towards girls. In the mass of easy and simple approaches they get daily on online-dating sites, their standards go above what they actually would want to and your chances as a guy are quite reduced. Approaching girls in cafes, stores, etc has a way better chance here.

• I did it and it was probably the most fulfilling relationship I had. I just wish that I could have met in person.
    Trust me, it's definitely real. I've never loved quite as deeply as when I was in an online relationship. It wasn't because it was online, but because the girl I was with was someone I truly loved.

• I hate online dating. Can't stand it.

• I say use caution for online dating and if i do it... i like to do Skype or use Hangouts with Gmail ( Video chat) .. I got feel a closeness of some sort ,

• I think it's just meh, I don't want to say it's for losers, but it kinda is for losers... I mean, it has to be the least romantic way to meet someone, and I just think it takes away from the excitement of finding and asking a girl out in real life. I guess online dating could be reasonable in some cases, but if you haven't even tried looking around for a partner in real life I don't think it's necessary.

• i have met 2 people through one line dating, one short and one longer term, very hit and miss and full of weirdos though

• Nope, would never do it. Some creepy mothafuckas on there. I'm a face to o face person, first time. None of that text shit

• Online dating is great for woman regardless how they look like, but it sucks for non good looking guys. Most of the time it is only good for good looking guys. Most women only respond to good looking guys on those sites. MOST not all.

• I can't do it. Without that physical connection it doesn't mean anything to me.

• shit biggest waste of time ever never ever again dont help when your butt ugly like me too

What Girls Said 2

• I think it's fine, however it's not exactly for me.. especially if you have no intentions on meeting in real life then I don't see the point. I've heard that its just for fun etc. But really, I don't see the point

• I don't know. Just be cautious