When's the best time to have sex in a new relationship?

So it has been almost a year since I've gotten out of a bad relationship. I was with my ex for 4 years and he was the only guy I've slept with in my life. And now it's time for me to move on and find myself a better partner. I've been recently talking to a guy and I really like him. We've kissed a few times but never had sex. Do I let him initiate? Or should we talk about it first. I really haven't told him about my past because I'm not comfortable talking about it. My ex was violent, and I don't want to seem like an attention seeker by sobbing about my past. I'm honestly over it and don't want a violent partner. I see the good in this guy, and really want things to move forward.

Most Helpful Guy

• Usually 2 hours after meeting them for the first time..

Most Helpful Girl

• If you feel like you have to communicate with him prior then do so, if it will make you more comfortable, however if you would just like to wait till it happens then go for it! You don't have to tell him about your past YET in order to be intimate, you also have to look out for yourself, and you deserve to be happy so therefore do whatever you feel like, you could wait a month or a day, it's really up to you!

What Guys Said 3

• When it feels right. It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to be right.

This could be the first date, or the sixth.

• When the time is right you'll know. Advice, don't be under the influence when you do. Sober is best, and you'll remember the good perks ;) . Just talk and if you ever do get in the movement of doing so, and you decide at the last second that it's not the best time, don't do it. If he is truly respectful of you and understands, he won't force you. Good luck and be safe.

• Once you are married ;)

What Girls Said 0