Sometimes I get so disheartened being the sweet, loving woman... will my sweet, loving man ever come?

I am always upfront, honest, loving, caring - especially after I've gotten to know you - and I always wind up crushed. I can even think the guy is a good guy and he always proves me wrong. They lead me on and leave me in the dust when I want more. I can bear my heart and soul to them and be vulnerable, even saying I see them as worthy enough to be there for and work through their issues... they ignore me and let me go. I just don't understand why I can't find someone who feels as deeply as I do and is as committed as I am. I just want that Notebook-like story and sometimes, I feel like I will be doomed to being single for life because my tender heart can't take the games and hurt that accompany so many unhealthy relationships nowadays.

Most Helpful Guy

• You know it's funny. I've been in your shoes. I think a lot of us have.
    I mean it sucks being so kind and nice that people think they can step on you and it will be okay cuz you'll forgive them...
    It sucks. Makes you want to give up... But that's not fair to your next love is it?
    You would never want them to use their scars as walls against you, and you shouldn't do that to them...
    I've been hurt a lot... So that's how I've decided to live. Keeping myself as whole as I can so that I don't bring a world of scars to that special girl. So that our fractures don't combine and shatter what's ahead of us...
    You're gonna get hurt more, probably. And it's gonna suck because you keep seeing things optimistically...
    But then you'll find them. That person who is everything you were looking for and so much of what you weren't... And then at that point you'll see the remnants of the. Past scars... And you'll realize that were it not for them, those horrible things someone else finally finds beautiful, you'd have never known how lucky you were to find the special one.

Most Helpful Girl

• apparently a lot of men these days don't deserve that... women who are the opposite of that usually always get what they want

What Guys Said 4

• Continue to be sweet and loving not because of what it might get you but because it's the right thing to do. May you be rewarded in ways you cannot even imagine.

• Its ok OP, I'm a hopeless romantic too. Wish I knew a nice girl like you but what can you do.

• And i'm waiting to meet someone like you... God damn, come into my life already

• Sounds like you're after a fantasy, and those are hard to come by.

What Girls Said 0