Interracial. is it bad that I prefer it?

i am a white guy who prefers girls of color over white girls. there's nothing more beautiful than a dark-skinned black girl especially, but i told my parents about it, then they were saddened by my remarks. why is it bad?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Parents always want their children to date people who look like them... some really do care about the homogeneity of the family tree and don't want it "tainted".

What Girls Said 12

• It's not bad at all. It shows that you're willingly to look beyond race.

However, I understand why your parents may be saddened. I don't know how you explained it to your family, but the way you put it almost seems as though you only want to date someone because they are dark or that you don't find your own race beautiful.

It's great that you find other girls attractive; just be sure to be mindful of how you act around people and how you present the information on how you feel preference wise.

• willing*** to look beyond race as far as determining whether they can be attractive, and that you're willing to look past constant opposition and break social norms for certain areas.

• Your parents may also be racist. Some people are subliminally racist. I've heard so many white people say "I'm not racist. I don't have anything against non-white people. I just prefer to keep my bloodline clean." This one guy even told me, I'd sleep with a black girl but I could never marry one.

• it's not bad at all and there's nothing wrong with having preferences!
    lol you're parents were probably a little disappointed because they have to erase the idea of a purely white grandchild out of their heads now - they will get over it, don't worry ;)

• It's called homogamy. This means that generally people tend to be attracted to others that are of the same race/ethnicity/age group/culture/socioeconomic class, etc etc.

It's selective breeding. While of course there's nothing wrong with being attracted to someone of a different race, the vast majority has its patterns.

-(Psychology Major)

All in all, follow your heart. Don't change how you live your life just because your parents dont approve.

• I don't think it's bad I'm Mexican and I rather date white guy's. I feel like your parents would prefer to see you with someone like you because of cultural differences that can happen in interracial relationships. I'm sure they'll be happy when you find someone you truly connect with, and see how happy she makes you

• Fraid' your parents are actually time travelers from the nineteen fifties lol. Thats how my grandpa is, he hates that I like Asian guys, he says that I'm "ruining the gene pool" lol, just the old way of thinking i guess. You can be with anyone you want, and do it for love!

• If you're fetishizing a race, that's kinda wrong.

If you just find women of color to be more aesthetically appealing, it's no biggie bruh. everyone has different tastes.

• No body cares 😕 date whoever

• No it's not bad and your parents are stuck in the past. It's normal so don't sweat it.

• It's not bad you like what you like. At the end of the day it's your life, right☺😉?

• We all have different preferences. Try not to let your parents get to you. There's nothing bad about it!

• lol im a black chick and I love white guyes.. Why does my faily make fun of it i don't know.. its different not too many people are comfortable with sudden changes unless they are non judgmental.. If your parents are good people they should come around (be okay with it) :)

• not bad, same here

What Guys Said 6

• If you want to be unhappy then go ahead and settle. If you know what you like then why the fuck would you not pursue it just because someone told you that THEY don't like it?

• I'm fine with just about anything but Asians and Blacks.

• Is not bad, It's part of your preferences and It's not something harmful It`s just something you are looking for in a girl.

• We all love interracial porn.

• Just means your pool of marriageable women is smaller, so it's less likely you'll get a lasting relationship.

• it isn't... i don't know about you but i prefer foreign girls

been with:
    black white Asian indian and brazilian

and my least favorite is white... not only because of her but every white girl kinda sucks to me

• they expect too much, but a girl of color truly appreciates a man, and i reciprocate.

• yep... totally agree feminism really make American girls suck