Girls, Would it bother you if your bfs bff was a girl?

Cause I don't know when to let her know my best friend is a girl

10

Most Helpful Girl

• Your partner should become your best friend with time but yeah I'd be fine with it. My close friend is a guy too but when I have someone special in my life and grow close to him he becomes my best friend.

What Girls Said 9

• First of all, thumbs up to you for thinking of your girlfriend and how she will feel. My own boyfriend has many female friends and yeah some of them are his 'best friends'. I met most of them so i dont feel uncomfortable with that anymore. Your girlfriend should feel like your bff doesn't pose a threat to your relationship, so make sure she knows that. I believe that letting the two meet or going for a casual coffee will be good.

• I wouldn't mind, as long as I got along with her. Girls can be extra judgmental, and in a situation like this usually one of two things is bound to happen- They either hate each other, or they become best friends. If they hate each other that's something you can deal with, but if they become friends you'll probably be happy for a while, but eventually it'll come back to you if you break up and your best friend will be going between the two of you... I don't know man, just be careful

• Oh gawd now I'm scared

• Don't be scared! Just think of it this way- Statistically speaking, it's more than likely that your girlfriend and best friend already have some sort of coexisting establishment between themselves already, even if they're just acquaintances. And if you don't force them to hang out with each other and make sure your girlfriend knows that she's your best friend and nothing more (except not in those words because it sound weird), they could go on for a long time indifferently.

• My significant other is my best friend and I think it should be that way when you are in a long term, serious relationship. That being said, he has many female friends and I am fine with that. I am not threatened nor do I feel jealous, because I trust him. I don't even question it.

• No that wouldn't bother me, as long as there's nothing going on, but I think you should trust people until they give you a reason not to

• No because if he was my boyfriend than I would trust that his bff is just that. I would try to explain that to her and I'm sure she'd understand☺

• If they are really close, like play fights, touchy, then yeah.

• I think having a BF/GF who's best friends with someone of the opposite gender is grounds to make anyone jealous. Tell your girlfriend as soon as possible that your best friend is a girl to give her some time to be okay with it, but make it clear that - if this is true - you don't have feelings for the best friend and often think of her as a sister. It could even be a good idea for your girlfriend to hang out with you and your BFF once in a while so she can see for herself that there's nothing going on between you two.

• Do you not have any interest in your best friend? Isn't your best friend you want to spend the rest of your life with?

• Only if she's attractive.

• What do i do if she is?

• Don't give her any reasons to think that you're attracted to your bff physically/romantically.