Why do girls break up with you to test how much you care for them?

Me and my ex recently broke up, pretty new relationship. She broke up with me abpruptly and she's been posting how sad she is on various social media outlets as well as messaging me to let me know how unhappy she is. I haven't responded and have just ignored her. My friend said that she broke up with me to test how much I care? Is this true? And if so will ignoring her make it worse or better?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've never tested any one by breaking up with them. It's far more likely she has changed her mind and wants to reconcile.

• It hasn't even been a week since we broke up though, like how could your mind change so much, the ady we broke up she sent a long text saying how much she wants us to work and cares etc, then 2 hours later after we had a convo on the phone she says she can't do this anymore, the day after she messages me saying how sad and unhappy she is and misses me. Also side note i think she;s on her period, but not like 100% sure

Most Helpful Guy

• Those girls that do that are just immature little kids, I wouldn't wanna be with someone that broke up with me to test if I care for her. That's stupid, and she's gonna pay the consequences by being single.

What Girls Said 4

• I mean, I don't think there's any way for us to know if she broke up with you to "test how much you care". You haven't given any information here that would allow us to judge that.

When she broke up with you, did she give you a reason or explanation?

• No reason, and no explanation. She is much younger than me though, im 24 and she's 19. I don't know if it;s just a generational thing im not used to.

• We started dating in the beginning of June, and no not really. At least that I'm aware of.

• Well, to be honest, while a break-up with no explanation sucks, it's more understandable considering that the two of you were only together for 1.5 months. You're still in the early stages of getting to know each other, so she's probably still trying to figure out if she's really interested in you. Maybe something new that she learned about you made her lose attraction to you, so she broke up with you, but now she's having second thoughts about her decision or maybe she just feels lonely.

What would you like to see happen? Is she asking to get back together, or just complaining that she's unhappy?

If you are no longer interested, I would recommend just ignoring her. If you are still interested, then I think you need to ask her why she ended things and make a decision from there, based on how you feel about her reasoning.

• Maybe she's just upset you didn't make a big deal out of it?
    I never met anyone who broke up for that reason, but you don't give many details...

• Well, that'd be stupid.

• No she didn't break up with u to hurt u or play games she did it because she's not use to a good guy most girls aren't a lot of people have been hurt badly to where they stop expecting the good but the worse instead of leaving and ignoring her u should work things out with her because at least she's owned up to the fact that she screwed up in letting u go most people wait forever to tell some one that some people won't wait they will keep fighting for someone even when they are ignoring them those are the people that care and are worth making it work everyone isn't perfect.. Nor relationships

• I dont really see any owning up to anything though, no apology or explanation. And how would you know if i'm a good guy, the explanation was very brief.

• Yeah, this answer makes a lot of baseless assumptions.

• Hahaha, this doesn't make any sense what so ever.

This may well be his butthurt ex, lol.

What Guys Said 4

• It's possible that she did it to test you, but don't fall for that shit. It's shallow and abusive. You seriously don't want to date a girl who'd do that to you, not unless you're 12 years old or some shit. She'll be more drama than she's worth, trust me.

• Only someone that is arrogant and self-centered would do something like that. If this is the first time and you liked her go back and give them one more chance. If it ever happens again my advice is to go Cut a trail. Let her wallow in her whatever she wants to call it. If a person requires that much reassurance on a regular basis, they are going to cause whoever they date a lot of headache and heartache as time goes by.

• Lol testing you nah she broke up with you and realized she has nobody else and wants to pretend she was testing you

• People that like to play games with you aren't worth investing time in.