Why do people like artists?

Why are artist (painters) praised? Why are they called ''intelligent''. I draw a lot of potraits and soon as people know that they start to go wowwwwwwwwww omg thats so amazing. I dont find it amazing... at all

Most Helpful Guy

• Because creativity is a form of intelligent, and not everyone can create magnificence works of art. Right brain people (artist) come up with the ideas, Left brain people (scientist) make those ideas reality.
    Leonardo Da Vinci and Mozart where both artist and both where highly intelligent, so just because your an artist doesn't mean your not intelligent.

• i suck at math hahahahaha

Most Helpful Girl

• Because it's a talent they cannot do. I draw sketches and people think they are really good. They say that they wish they could draw. Drawing and painting doesn't come naturally to some people and they'd have to work hard to be as good an artist as people born with natural talent. They praise your work because they are impressed with it. Having a talent and doing it well is something that people praise. It's a gift that you have, a talent you posses and not everyone can do it. It's just like when someone learns that I can sing, they think it's amazing and great and stuff, while I think nothing of it.

What Guys Said 6

• There is a kind of threshold. If you can do something which the other person can't do at all, which they can't even conceive of doing or know where to begin, they will generally admire you for it. If the thing you do is only a bit better than what they can do (or only seems a bit better to them) they will much more frequently dislike you for it or be unimpressed.

• I have seen some artwork on here that is stunning. Worthy of being exhibited. I admire all artists, simply because they have a gift that, by and large, cannot be learned. I could go to art classes from now to kingdom-come, and I still couldn't draw a rectangle.

One of the best I have seen is @LolliesChan. She also has the most amazing style and dress sense I have ever seen. Unique is the word to use.

• They sense a high level of creativity from artist also people are more likely to be amazed at what they can't do.

• A good way to people - People who listen too closely to praise of their own work get lazy

• Because we express emotion in other ways then the normal :)
    and that's cool

• Some are artists are completely and totally fucking crazy and douchebags. I'm not impressed when someone says they are an "artist."

What Girls Said 5

• I don't either the only "artist" I find amazing are singers and majority of them don't even write their own lyrics... #tragic

• lol i guess because they are admired because of their creativity

• Because it's something other people can't do. Artists see things differently than others. I think critics over-analyze paintings though. It wouldn't say it's "intelligent" or even a useful talent, it's just cool to see.

• I love to paint and when someone sees my painting they are like wow that's great but I don't think it is.

I have the same problem.:/

• I think it's very amazing, i wish i can draw a portraits really well