Girls, Is long distance a good or bad thing?

14

Most Helpful Girl

• Over four years ago, a man from Egypt found me on Facebook and we had started a whirlwind romance, @Benwolfy23. After getting to know him and his family Better for several months on Skype, I then flew off to the magical land of Cairo, where I stayed for 30 days. Things went so well that when I had returned, 3 months later, I hopped aboard and abroad again, ending up tying the knot tat the Ministry of Justice. I resided there for awhile, learning how to be a Muslim's wife.
    I am back in the states and although we had resumed our Marriage, Online, that is, it Does take two special people to Take the time and have the patience to Make the effort to Keep LDR Going and flowing.
    We have had many Breakups and Makeups because I have not been back on that plane for awhile to be with him or even live with him. The Middle East has gotten worse over the course of the last few years, and with other personal problems we have encountered, it brought much strife in our life.
    If Only One is making the Effort, Not being a Team member with their Team partner, then yes, it can go and grow dead in the water.
    However, with LDR, where there is a will there is a way. For if two people love one another, Love will find a way, no matter the distance.
    It may not be for everyone and as I tell Everyone: It's all in God's hands and what Mother Nature has in store for Reaping Romance... By chance.
    Good luck. xx

What Girls Said 13

• It can be fun, because it keeps the spirit fresh and leaves out the daily routine but it is depending on several factors: how far is the distance, how often do you see each other, how well do you know each other, how much do you trust each other, how well integrated are you in your surroundings?

if you dont see each other often, you might lose the feelings
    can you trust the other person, that they don't cheat?
    do you have a "life of your own", so that you don't only sit at home, hoping for the SO to call/text?

I think LDR are ok, as long as there is a certain goal towards moving together one day - and that can be tough, because suddenly being 24/7 around someone and experiencing them in the daily routine can completely change everything.
    if you just live far away and have no perspective of moving together, I wouldn't see the point in staying together...

• Always a bad thing.

I can't recall one single case in which it was a good thing. Ever.

• It sucks.
    But is worth it sometimes.
    My now fiance, and I are long distance. It's really hard yeah.
    But he's the light of my life, and if this means I keep. him til I move up there, its what it is.

• In my opinion it is a bad thing because long distance dating can get emotionally exhausting. I have been there and I don't want to do it again.

• Generally speaking long distance is a death sentence.

• can be good if both are loyal

• My ex and I did that, but it was only for 3 months at a time. We just skyped each other as often as possible and talked on the phone to catch up at the end of the day.

• Honestly, it's easier than living with someone.

• As long as the distance isn't permanent, I don't think it's a bad thing.

• It depends on the person. It can be really hard. Some people need physical contact so much that LDR kills them inside, especially if they really love the person and don't want to cheat.

• Long distance isn't bad at all to me. I actually like it. It's just hard because both people have to be willing to be in it. Make sure you plan to see that person, and soon too because I know half the time long distance doesn't work out because the other person finds someone closer to them. Well at least that's what happened to me. But overall it's fun and totally worth it.

• It's not a bad thing if you're both really into each other

• Good and bad. Good because you understands more have much you like her but bad because u miss her and maybe one day you'll want a someone who is closer