My girlfriend said she loved me, I just kissed her and did not say it back. Was that bad?

As we were kissing she stopped and touched her forehead to my forehead looked into my eyes and said I love you. I was surprised and just continued kissing her without saying it back. I really real care about her and might love her but I just did not feel comfortable saying it at the time. She did not seem to be upset afterwords. But Do you think I hurt her feelings by not saying I love you to.

• I think you made a mistake.
  • I think you did the right thing.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think with her "Did not seem upset afterwards,' you surely have A... Keeper.
    She may have started her own ball rolling by 'Rolling' out the words and when you couldn't bring yourself to say them for your own reasons, she may have thought when you are Ready, you Will... Say these three little words that will speak volumes to her eventually.
    Deep down, she may be feeling a bit 'Hurt' in her own heart, in a small way, but for now, if Nothing was said, Her actions spoke a thousand words that she is willing to wait... For the right time and the right place.
    Good luck. xx

Most Helpful Guy

• she might have interpreted that kiss as an action of "i love you back"

What Girls Said 8

• I'm sure she was probably hurt a little, but you can't say those words until you feel them. People throw those words around too freely today. The first time a guy told me he loved me, I didn't know what to do. I didn't feel the same way yet. I was taken completely off guard, especially since it was said over the phone while I was at work. I didn't expect it at all. Maybe you can explain to her how you feel. Let her know how much you care for her, but that you aren't sure yet if what you feel is love or not. That way you aren't leaving her hanging with nothing. I would respect how my guy feels and would appreciate him more for telling me. People love at different rates and in different ways.

• If your not ready to say it then you would be giving her false hope and if you never have that kinda feelings for her then you would really break her heart. When your ready you need to tell her and not wait until she said if first and you just respond.

• I think i do love her i just did not feel right saying that.

• then don't tell her not yet wait until you feel it. You will know when it right. Take your time and make sure before you say it because it a big step.

• Don't say something you don't mean. I think you were right.

• You did the right thing. Only say it if you mean it, otherwise you are lying, or leading a girl on.

• I wouldn't be too worried. Just talk to her about it. Girls like really heartfelt things, so if you explain it in a way that makes her feel good, makes her feel like you like her above and beyond everyone else (even if you're not sure it's love at this point), you should be alright :)

• She was probably crying on the inside.

• What do you think I should do?

• First of all: don't tell her you love her because you feel pressured. You should mean it so in that respect you did the right thing. However, you should now go up to her and have a proper conversation about it, just tell her exactly what you wrote down here. She needs to know you really do care about her a lot.

• It probably hurt her feelings but its better to be honest than leading her on

• You'll say it when your ready. Maybe she didn't seem hurt because she believes this too. Besides, what were you to do? Lie? Yeah, no.

What Guys Said 7

• You did the right thing. Only say I love you when you really mean it, never lie when it comes to that.
    She probably was a little upset though.

• Well you did the right thing by being honest and not just telling her what she wants to hear... She might get her feelings hurt a little though, girls are really sensitive about that kind of thing. Maybe you kissing her was enough to assure her that you care.

• She most likely knew that you felt the same but didn't want to actually say it at the time, so she took you kissing her as your way of saying it back.

• I'm sure it hurt her feelings. No doubt. But its best that you didn't say it if you didn't mean it.

• It does not matter if you hurt her feeling, if that's how you feel.
    In a relationship you should always be honest, don't force it... you will eventually say it without even realizing. <3 just don't force it.

• She might not love you back and is just using you for sex

• a huge mistake