When will most guys that are considered average or below average looking by a big percentage of women get that it is a bad idea to join online dating?

Please don't give me examples. I know there are some average and below average looking guys that have luck on the sites but the big majority don't. The best place for average and below average looking guys to meet women is IN PERSON. There have been many experiments done by dating sites that most women regardless if the woman is good looking, average, or below average, most of them decide to only respond to good looking guys since they have more options. Don't get pissed at women for this guys. Most women do this online not all.

Why no responses?
I'm not being bitter, I clearly said''Don't get pissed at women'' in my details.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because online dating is for the desperate :D

• No it isn't. There are people that are not desperate that are on it. By the way I am not saying no guy should join online dating, just the average and below average looking guy.

• Also, no I am not one of those average looking guys. I am ugly, so I don't know why you are calling me average.

• Read the POF experiment that I talked about under Bards post. I talked about the details of the experiment that was done. About how a pic of an average looking guy was put up, then a good looking guy. Read the details of the experiment.

Most Helpful Guy

• Here is actual data: women prefer average guy to sexy greek-god guys. Sure they like the eye candy and probably the sex too but they actually want the average guy. Why?

There seem to be a bunch of reasons but mostly they think the sexy dude would be unfaithful. They also think a man being too hot would make them feel bad when they want to eat that delicious slice of cake. Or they just like the idea that the average guy would treat them like a goddess bevause they would normally be out of his league.

There are only 2 things that would probably be the most important. #1 you have to look and act like a gentleman. That means taking care of yourself, have proper hygiene, dressed properly, treat people decently etc. #2 Have some wealth and a decent income or at least the potential to get those. An unemployed and broke nice guy will have a really low Chance of meeting a woman making $ 60k a year.

• That has to do with meeting guys in person when there is a good amount they would give an average looking guy or whatever a chance but most would only respond to good looking guys on dating sites since they have more options. Is it confusing what I said?

• You need to read the experiment. If you use pictures alone then yes you get judge on the pictures alone. It's obvious.

The same guy will look different if he's wearing jeans short and a t shirt compare to him wearing a tailored suit. He will also look different with a tired after work look and a relax with his dog look.

A man's life and his content gets judges more than his looks. It doesn't mean that his looks don't get judged but it has a lot less influence compare to women.

• @oddwaffle pictures weren't used alone. Interesting stuff in the ''about me'' section was written

What Girls Said 2

• there's someone for everyone and not EVERYONE goes after hot people or whatever

• When did I say there wasn't everyone? And when did I say everyone goes after hot people? I said MOST women only respond to good looking guys on ONLINE DATING SITES. It has been proven.

• POF has done an experiment in which they put up a pic of an average looking guy. Messages were sent to 1000 women.748 read the message and looked at the profile. Out of those 748 only two women responded back. Now the pic gets changed to a good looking guy.1000 women were messaged again.800 read the message and looked the profile. Out of those 800 women that read the message and looked at the profile,387 responded back. When the messages were sent to the 1000 women, they were sent to average, below average, and good looking women @Bards. There you go. There is the proof.

• I don't think it's a bad idea for average guys to online date. It's only a bad idea if they rely *solely* on their dating app to meet girls. There's literally no harm in creating an account and using it casually as an extra way to possibly meet someone cool.

These two Okcupid articles below are really interesting. Not all girls get bombarded with messages.
    blog.okcupid.com/.../
    blog.okcupid.com/.../

• The second article explains how it is a bad idea for average and below average looking guys though lol. Sure they can MAYBE receive responses but it will take FOREVER. Even though if an average or below average looking woman doesn't get bombarded with messages most of them still receive many message and thus decide to only respond to good looking guys. So for most average and below average looking guys, it takes forever for them to receive a response, even by women in his league and below his league.

• I am ugly, so why would I even join a dating site?

• Look under Bards post. I replied to her giving her the details of the POF experiment about how one average looking guys pic was put up and then a good looking guys. You asked me to show you proof, there you go.

What Guys Said 4

• I would say I'm average looking and I find it pretty easy to get conversations going. However my recommendation isn't to go looking for online dating for your soulmate, sure if it happens it happens but just look for friends and see where it goes. In person is more difficult but the girl will appreciate your courage and effort to put yourself out there, everyone knows its difficult!

• Didn't you read anything what I said about how most women on online dating sites only respond to good looking guys?

• I am saying you ignored by so many women, but you kept trying and eventually some responded? And probably they responded to you because you are a military guy and most women like military guys regardless how they look like.

• Read the POF experiment that I talked about under Bards comment.

• I must admit I never heard the in person theory before I thought maybe online might help because you get a chance to show your personality on your profile.

• I am surprised you haven't heard that theory. If you are average or below average looking you can try online dating but it will take forever for you to receive a response.

• But do you not make first move - If you talk to enough you must get a positive response or you can join forums and become known that way.

• You do make the first move. Look it up, that it takes forever when an average or below average looking guy messages a woman (even one in his own league or below his league) to message back since most women only respond to good looking guys on dating sites. Experiments have been done showing how the huge majority of women only respond to good looking guys.

• ... because women in person definitely will be happy to talk to random average guys somewhere and won't humiliate them in front of others.

• Bitter troll alert!!