How long should you wait till moving in with someone?

How long do you think you should be with/know someone till you move in with them?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would wait around a year

Most Helpful Girl

• However long you take to know you want to really do it.
    When thinking about waking up next to this person does not scare you, when you are sure you can handle a dirty toilet seat and are aware of the responsibilities a common household brings.
    You need to be somewhat sure you two are compatible in the small stuff as much as in the big stuff.
    Different cleaning habits and different mess tolerance can be a big issue. Think kitchen, laundry, cleaning etc. It seems trivial, but if you can not STAND any socks casually missing the laundry basket or freak out over a dirty dish in the sink, get ready to be picking shit up all the time and to be annoyed often. If you match there, it's a good start :-)

What Guys Said 4

• 5-10 mins. is appropriate. After all, you have to fetch your toothbrush and goldfish.

• We had to have dated at least 2 years and be engaged...

• Maybe a year just to get to know the person first.

• It depends on how intense it is. It could be months or it could be years.

What Girls Said 5

• I have been wondering the same thing and it seems that the general consensus is at least a year! That's good to know =) I personally need to wait until I have a better paying job so I can actually help with the rent... As it is, the most I can afford is gas. That new job will probably take a year or two to find anyway.

• I was taught you don't move in with your partner until you are married.

• It really depends on how intense the relationship was.

• It really depends on the couple, everybody is different.
    I would personally wait at least a year.

• least a year or two