Girls, Is this a legit reason to get bothered? If so what do I do?

So I am talking to this girl and when we are together we both have a fun time, we laugh and make jokes. We also used to text and usually I started messaging, after a while she started messaging me also. Sending funny pictures and videos of herself. I thought this was a good sign and continued talking but somewhere it went wrong and I feel that I have been too needy and possessive of her whilst there was nothing going on (at least not a relationship wise thing). Now we still spend time together outside school, even more than before. But when it comes to the messaging part, it's really quiet from her side and she usually responds with short answers or doesn't even try to carry the conversation on. I know she's not that keen on messaging because she always says: Ugh what does this person want blablabla yadayadayada and also checks her phone like only every hour or so. So what I wanted to know is, should I just lay off texting her and focus on the real thing? And do all girls text non-stop with their crush or whatever, or are there really girls that don't like the online communicating stuff.

5

Most Helpful Girl

• you can't categorize "all girls" under one heading.
    anyone will like it if their crush texts them, but depending on the openness and stage of your relation, how she'll react will differ.

are you being clingy?
    is she mad at you for some reason to not text properly all of a sudden?
    does she want space? or is she putting distance?

I'm in a long relationship, and sometimes I just feel too aloof and moody to text back immediately. My boyfriend gets pissed/upset at that, but I can't help it.

call her up, hang out. test the waters.

• Yeah, sometimes she responds fast and keeps the convo going and sometimes she does not. It's different when we hang out tho, it's just conversations all the time then.

• texting has its own distractions. you're also not inclined to text back immediately because you can pick up the convo anytime after... since the text is just lying there and asks to be responded to. but in person, there's a demand of immediacy, to be mentally present.

so yeah.. don't take it too much to the head. unless if her responses in text have started differing to a large extent. so then just meet up and you'll see the vibes.

What Girls Said 4

• May I suggest googling Aziz Ansari "Texting with girls"? I know it's comedy, but I think it's funny because he's spot on in my opinion. In a nutshell, texting is bloody annoying because there is so much room for miscommunication. Also, as someone who spends all day working in front of a computer, I don't really feel like spending my free time doing the same thing as well. Not that I don't enjoy the occasional chat, but if it's an option, I would pick meeting up or talking on the phone anytime. Why not just hang out in person, or call her up on the phone? I know it's less normal to do this nowadays, but unusual is good.

• there is some girls who don't care for texting, social media, etc. so, I'd say, text her once in a while, but don't do it every day. and try to just focus on seeing her in person.

• Personally me , I'm always happy to text my crush. I hate using my phone for texting people I don't really care for. Sadly your crush is like mine because he never follows conversation anymore and his replies could take hours. I'm moving on though.

• If it bothers her then it's a legit reason. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks