Can I date my dad's student?

My dad, among other things, is a musician and private music lesson teacher. I went to music camp this last week and met this incredible guy who studies with my dad that I've been texting and we're really hitting it off. When I see that I get a message from him and we have these really cute convos it just makes me smile, and I haven't smiled like that since early on with my ex. I was thinking of asking him out, but because he takes lessons with my dad I'm not sure if that would be cool because my dad already loves him, or if it would make life incredibly awkward because he'd be dating the daughter of his teacher. Also, if things end badly with us, I don't want him to quit with my dad or my dad to stop teaching him, because he has a lot of musical potential that I think he should stick to. Thoughts please? thanks :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Go for it. If he scraps his career just because you two break up, then it wasn't worth much... Your father would approve too, what more do you need?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sure why shouldn't you?

What Guys Said 1

• Do it your dad likes him that's good but don't make it obvious right away he might not after he finds out but I don't know you dad but do it

What Girls Said 0