Have any of you tried an online dating site?

Which ones did you use and how did it go? Any success stories? (:
I've never tried any online dating but I'm curious to hear your stories. :)

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Online dating sites are the worst and to be honest you have better luck on non-dating sites because at least there you can get decent looking chicks to talk to you. I've been on several and even paid a subscription to one site because they put the ability to read messages from other users behind a pay wall and they used fake accounts to send me messages I couldn't read until I payed. Once I was able to read them it was obvious they were fake because every girl sent me the exact same message.

What Guys Said 6

• I have had several successful long term relationships with women I met online.

• That's very cool. Which sites did you use?

• This has been over a period of years and several of them are defunct. Of the current batch, I've used Yahoo Personals, Alt. com, and okcupid. com, which I recommend but answer a couple hundred of the short questions to get a great match. It'll take you maybe an hour overall. Well worth it. My lady and I started out at 76% and after the questions came up a 97% match.

• Chinese Cupid. I was in a relationship for quite a while and it was really great. Unfortunately, it didn't last forever as the distance was just too hard on her and we didn't really have any way to bridge it right away.

• Did you two ever meet in person or it was a long distance situation? Sorry it didn't work out. /:

• Oh /: well at least you know she's out there somewhere. Hopefully fate will bring you two together one day. Love sucks sometimes.

• Thanks. :)
      Yeah, it really does, sometimes. =/

• I used to have a profile on a now defunct site. I met 3 women. 2 of which I dated casually, the third was the friend of the first so it just couldn't work. We jad fun, but it was more of a fetish site then LTR, so the expectations were different.

• You're just too precious for this, I'll pick you up at 8? ♡

• I have tried ok cupid for about 3 months never met anyone in person though. But had great conversations.

I tries adult friend finder. For about 7 months. And only hooked up once. A lot of trolls on both sites.

I also tried tinder but deleted it in like in a couple of seconds. Because it was to weird and open

• I've tried Tinder, Hot or Not, and OkCupid. The first two where just for hookups, but I met a girl on Hot or Not and we ended together. It didn't last too long.
    On OkCupid I was looking for a relationship, but didn't find a girl I really liked.

• Cool so you get some degree of success, thanks for your response.
      by the way, which of the three did you like using most? Based on success, format, etc

• Tinder was the best cause it was just used for casual sex so you didn't have to put much effort into it, just swipe right a girl you like, send her a message, set a date and then go home with her.
      OkC was much more "complicated" cause there's more details and I used it when I was looking for a relationship, therefore I was more selective, and I'm very picky when it comes to women I wanna date. I liked OkC's format more cause like I said, it's more detailed, but I got more success on Tinder.
      Hot or Not isn't too good for dating, most people just use it for an ego boost.

• Thanks for your descriptive response, very helpful.

What Girls Said 9

• I made a Tinder account, but deleted it after 10 min, it made me feel uncomfortable, bad vibes.

• Yeah, I deleted it like maybe 2 days after making it because TONS OF CREEEPSSSS. Never again. 🙈😵

• I heard guys like to offer girls $ for sex... so I always felt iffy

• Do not waist ur time on plenty of fish tho
    ...
    Iwas on there and met about 8 guys worth meeting after narrowing it down and let me tell u... ugh they ate all cheap loser or creepers!

However if I ever fo on a dating site again it will be Match. com people pay to be on it that means they are serious about meeting someone and also not a broke ass. My mom and sister met their partners on it!!!

I was at the library one time and a homeless man came in and used the computer beside me... he was going on plenty of fish hahahha so really any tom dick ans Harry could be lerking on their

• That's great about match! It seems a bit more serious since its a paid service like you said, I'm not ready to date yet but I have my doubts about online dating.. I'm afraid to get catfished by a rapist or something 😰

LMAO at the homeless man on POF! I wonder what his idea of a date would be, can of chili beans over a fire Dennis the menace style? Lol

• Hahaha of getting drunk at the girls house lol

And don't ever put ur self on tinder. ... I would never. It's for horn dogs who o ly judge y on ur picture and wanna hook up.

Also only talk to people who live in ur city that you can meet face to face.

• people look like criminals or sex offenders in my matches. I was in there for 30 mins then cancelled it. (tinder) never again.

• I tried okcupid. Didn't have much luck. I also tried an app called Swype which was a knock off tinder I guess. I met a guy I really liked off of there but he turned out to be a jerk. So, no luck.

• Damn there's so many sites I honestly wouldn't know where to begin. It seems overwhelming. What happened to the good old days of meeting people in person? It's so hard

• The last thing I want to do is date a co-worker but I heard that's where majority of relationships begin these days. The internet dating sensation is so weird to me. They make it seem like it's so easy but I don't want to advertise myself online it seems so fake. Like, everyone tries to put their best pics and everything, whereas meeting in person there's nothing to exaggerate what you see is what you get, easy. *sigh*

• I agree. It's like you're selling yourself online. But some people forget to include the warranties and disclaimers in the beginning.

• I did OCK.. lots of creeps, but there are some great guys on there. I've had an account for a while, but have actually only met one guy from it. We started talking four months beforehand and we've been dating for a little over a month now.

• Wow, that's very awesome. Good for you :)

• Thank you :) I'd recommend it, but it does require a certain degree of patience

• I'm sure, I'm not trying to get one just curious if they actually help. Apparently they do, anyway thanks for your comment. :)

• I've tried tinder, if that counts.
    it was a horrible experience.

• Yes I have, they all suck

• Yes. I met my current boyfriend, whom I love very much, through Tinder, of all things.

• That's pretty cool but rare I'm sure, hooray for you girl 😃