Girls, how should a guy ask a girl out?

6

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the guy- The good old reliable "i like you" from the first grade may have steered one guy wrong before, but his best friend may have had a different experience from the same line. The thing is... You have to be careful when you say things like that and flat-out state your emotions. Putting your heart on the line like that could be seriously dangerous socially. Once you say those words there's no taking them back. And, while I've reversed the aftermath of an event similar to this type of disaster over a year after it happened, it's extremely difficult if you're not a social ninja. The usual "want to grab a pizza sometime" is always good, and it'll tell you right off without being too hurtful what you need to know- if she wants to grab a pizza sometime, or not. The "will you be my girlfriend" question should come later when it's evident that both people are into the situation, and it helps to avoid that awkward conversation at 3 AM when the girl calls the guy because of her insomnia-induced worries about "what we are now." But then again, this applies to both guys and girls.
    So... Yeah.
    Hope this helps! xoxo

What Girls Said 5

• It all depends on the guy, and the girl. What type of girl is she? What does she like? Do you want to go overboard or keep it simple?

• Depends on the guy, the girl, the setting and how well they know each other. There's no one right answer.

• As a girl the best way I can think to ask her out is to tell her you that you like her a lot and then ask her out, just say "Will you be my girlfriend?" or "will you go out with me" be romantic and maybe give her a few compliments before asking, be a gentleman and if she rejects you smile and say thanks anyway and then walk away, don't let things be awkward between you two

• Hey there! I am currently in college and one day as I walking back from my dorm to see this guy (definitely older than us) leaning against his car. He was dressed pretty neatly and you could easily tell he was going out with a special someone. The way he leaned on his car facing the door for her arrival made it look like the Prince waiting for his Princess. You could tell the guy really loved his girlfriend. It also helps that I knew the couple from class. Now, not everyone has fancy cars and can afford a $300 date, but the point of this story was to emphasize two the girl probably felt. Special. That's how you ask a woman on a date. Do it in a manner where she feels like the most special woman on the planet.

• Live or via sms?