Who pays when dating?

Been dating a guy for almost two months is that a long time?

And often he has been the one who has paid for like drinks and snacks, and its very nice but i can pay for my own things and i would love to pay for both, I've once paid for movies and candy and last night i bought him and i sushi and went to his place and he was very grateful..

Im not good at this dating-paying stuff.. how do you do it in the long run? i mean i can pay for myself

Most Helpful Guy

• The man should always pay at first it shows a sign of good faith down the road you both can go Dutch treat

• but he has been paying

• Well that's up to him but since its been two months now you both can split it down the middle. I always paid for everything for 8 years with my former girl and paid her rent and trips to Europe together and all over the USA and other stuff, but in this day and age yes Its time to go Dutch treat. I should practice what I preach and will when I get back out there in the dating world. Its kind of hard though just to one day tell the girl ok you pay for yourself now, I have a feeling they would all walk but hey whatever.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the guy should initially (maybe 3-4 dates) but then I think it's nice to start offering or chipping towards the costs of whatever you are doing. It's also nice to take turns on alternative dates. At the end of the day, it's something that you two have to decide as a couple.

I had a boyfriend who went mental if I even dare ask to pay for something - he said it made him feel really uncomfortable, so he literally paid for everything. I even pushed on occasion with really expensive stuff to test his limits, and he still paid.

What Guys Said 5

• We always went Dutch, from the first day.

• i find its best to go halves on everything. Myself and partner share the cost of all food, drinks and things we do. Unless its agreed that a specific one will pay for the other as a treat

• I'm old fashioned so I always prefer to pay.

• In the long run, we share the cost.
    I might pay for date one or two, but that is it :o

• Whoever ask for if pays for it

What Girls Said 2

• I say split the bill. That's what I always suggest. Unless it's a birthday or special event you can pay your part of the bill. Two months is not a *long* time but it's enough time to feel comfortable with paying for your bit without feeling weird about it.

• he would or we'd split it fifty-fifty