Who should pay for the dates?

who should pay for the dates n you opinion?

I belive that people should pay for themself, but if im on a date with a guy and he wants to pay im not going to stop him.. but find uncomofrtable if the guy pays for everything all the time

• The guy should pay
  • The girl should pay
  • The one that asked the other one on a date should pay
  • Should pay for themselfs
  • other

Most Helpful Guy

• If it's a first date, then the one that asked the other out should pay, but after that, it should be equally split.

Most Helpful Girl

• I agreed that a couple should always go Dutch when it comes to paying for dates; both pay for themselves. People should stop holding on to ridiculous norms/traditions such as that 'real men' will pay for the girl. The only reason that came about was because, back in the day, women had no income. They'd stay home, tending the house and raising the children. Making them basically dependent on the man.

I also feel uncomfortable if my boyfriend offers to pay. It becomes a back and forth then, where if he paid for me, I feel bad so I'll pay for him the next time. Which I suppose evens out in the grand scheme of things but still. Much simpler if you just pay for yourselves, assuming you've both got similar incomes/expenses.

• "The only reason that came about was because, back in the day, women had no income." this lines are really true:-). i agree with you:-)

What Guys Said 13

• There shouldn't be an absolute rule for these kinds of things, each couple will need to work that out themselves.

As for me, I prefer to pay unless she really insisted on splitting.

• I think both people should pay for themselves, but unless she offered to pay for herself, I'd assume i was expected to pay for her too.

• I ALWAYS pay for the first date, by choice.

• I think the guy should pay but I'm old fashioned I guess. What couples want to do is they're business. I figure after you've been together for a while sharing is good. To me it kind of means she wants to contribute to the relationship.

• I think everyone should pay for themself. I don't eat your food so why should I pay for it.
    I get doing it once in a while as a kind gesture but on the most part people should pay for themselves.

Lol Option B only the guys chose it.

• I'm personally not fussed, I'll be pissed off if they always expect me to pay though. lol

• Voted C TOO SHORT!!!

• if ask me out some times then i would like to vote for c otherwise i like turns even sometimes i have to pay because we enjoy our loved ones company :-)

• I think the queen should

• If they offer then they pay, or split the bill.

• The Guy should pay but the girl most not be an expensive one

• Should be 50/50

• I think it should be split. If the first date doesn't work out and the guys always have to pay, the girl just got away with a free meal and the guy lost money.

What Girls Said 8

• First few dates I always offer to pay half, or pay the entertainment (he gets dinner, I get movie for instance).

Once I am in a relationship, I get dinner one time, he gets it the next, etc so it is evenly split.

In today's economy, it is downright unfair to expect someone to foot the whole bill all the time.

• For the First Date and both not a Mate as of yet anyways, the 'Mate' that is the Male I feel should bring out his wallet and show her just what kind of gentleman he is and that he is Not afraid to spend a little of his greenbacks.
    However, when it comes to the Second, perhaps with making some sort of Dutch Treat agreement, they may then share the Bucks amongst one another.
    Good luck. xx

• For a first or second date, the one who asks should pay. After that take turns. Splitting the check is awkward and annoying for the staff.

• true splitting is really a bad idea, turns is good:-)

• "The one who asks should pay" well like 90% of the time, that's the guy, because apparently is too "pushy" and "demanding" for the woman to ask the guy out, so theyll just keep flirting until he does it.

• Cry me a river.

I've asked dudes out before. And besides, is it really a big deal to pay for a first date? Most women these days take turns paying once you start dating regularly. If the first date doesn't gp anywhere, so what? It cost you like $80. Probably less than she spent on new make up and an outfit for the date..

• I have no problem with paying but it would feel like I am out with a friend instead as I always like to pay for them.

Anyway, if I ask him out, then I would pay.

• I always pay for myself.
    That's just me though.
    People should do whatever they're comfortable with doing.

• I always share the bill

• It's whoever wants to pay or both

• The guy of course, thats how its always been until recently when guys got lamer

• Go to the kitchen and clean the house... I mean, that's how it's always been right?
      -_-

• See the hypocrisy here? You want to keep the traditions that benefit you. You're a hypocrite. If you have a career, a job, and money, why can't you pay for your part?
      Just to be clear, I was playing the devil's advocate, I don't believe a woman is just for cooking and cleaning, but since you brought the comment "that's how it's always been" I had to say it.

• Lol no I want the guy to pay for the first day cuz it shows he is willing to put in effort and wants my time. As it is im pretty picky about men. If all goes well after the first date i dont mind paying for myself. when it gets serious id totally want to take turns paying for eachother. i just really like chivalry in dating. in my opinion, no matter how equal society makes us i will aways say that men are suppose to impress the girl they want to get serious with simply cuz when it comes to sex women have more to lose if they get pregnant-9months of work plus labor.