Does it matter if your girlfriend or boyfriend has dated a lot of people?

I have dated at a early age and have expeirence with a few women I dated about 10 girls altogether not at the same time most of them didn't even last that long accept for two of my relationships lasting two years, what about you and does it matter how many people you went out with or your partner.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd say that it doesn't matter - as long as

1) He's not hung up on any of them
    2) He has retained his ability to be vulnerable and emotionally open (in my experience, older/ more experienced guys are more jaded and less willing to open themselves up emotionally)
    3) He has been responsible sexually (tested for STDs)
    4) He doesn't talk about his past relationships in detail, unless only to talk about an experience he didn't like and kind of give me a heads up about something that could be a deal breaker for him

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been in a relationship with 5 girls, and I don't know if that's a lot or not.
    I think it depends on how much she's dated, 20 guys would be a lot and would make me think that the reasons she's dated so many guys is because they get tired of her, that's why they leave her.
    If you're talking about dating but no relationship, then I don't mind how many dates she's been to.

What Girls Said 4

• i think the more you date, the better.
    you have a better idea of what you want and what you dont want.
    what you like and dont like. lets you learn more about yourself to date a lot.

• Nah I kind of don't care how many ex's my partner had in the past or what he did with them. It didn't work out for a reason.

• i doesn't matter to me.. i dont know about others

• I care about how many he got physical with.

What Guys Said 3

• dated? eh, not much of a concern.

the number and sorts of guys she slept with? yes, a concern. 'my last boyfriend was a drug dealer and abusive and i just couldn't leave him for so long' yeah, deleting your number before i even start my car to drive away.

• I don't care how many people she went out with, but i do care how many people she slept with.

• I only care how many people she slept with...