Girls, would you rather a guy text you or call you to ask you out on a first date?

I already asked this girl if she would like to have a few drinks sometime and she said yes so we switched numbers. I've waited a few days now and want to ask her, but I'm not sure if I should call or text her? Texting is less formal, but at the same te not as disruptive. What would you girls like a guy to do?

Thanks for the input ladies! I think I will just send her a text asking her she would still like to get together this weekend.

8

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally despise talking on the phone, so I am biased towards texting.

What Girls Said 7

• I'd rather him text me because it's more casual and gives me all the details in print.

• Actually my ex first texted me then, then he asked to call me... We ended up talking on the phone for four hours... Honestly I think it is just what you feel most comfortable with... I was cool with either. :) Best of luck and hope you two have an awesome time!

• You can text her and ask her if she's busy if she's not busy call her and ask her

• Probably text. You never know what she's in the middle of so you risk her getting annoyed. Also, she has time to think about when she is free and you are more likely to get a "yes."

• If I had it my way, I'd prefer that he does it in person (if we saw each otther on a regular basis), If not,
    I'd prefer facetime over a phone call
    Phone call over a text

• Ask in person

• i feel like nowadays everybody texts, so i would say call her! that way you will stand out from the rest, since is - at least for me- a lot more personal when you can hear is sexy voice through the pphone, plus she will be able to tell that you cared enough to call, texting is just so easy and not special anymore

• Very true. Our generation now is relying less and less on personal interaction. Thanks for the idea!