Would you date a ex felon?

I was told by my boyfriend's mother that he was in jail for 3 years on armed robbery chargers that involved an elderly man.. I am completely horrified that I have dated this man 2 years without my boyfriend telling me this and that someone would rob an old man.. I feel like I don't even know the man I love anymore... and I'm contemplating if I even want to be with him anymore? Should I give him another chance? Do I tell him I know?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes tell him you know. I'm dating a woman in prison for murder. Before you jump to conclusions it was an accidental death not planned. She gets out September next year. Her mother in law babysitter her three kids. She went to get them and the mia wouldn't let her have them. She went to the authorities who said it was a civil matter and no help. She went back and tried bullying her was in and the mia stabbed her. She went and got friends and the plan was to knock the mia out with an ether soaked rag. It didn't work so they tied her to a chair and stuffed the rag in her mouth. My girlfriend then came in and got her kids. They stuffed the rag too far and the mia asphyxiated. I've verified all of it. In your case that's a sign of violence and its up to you if you want to give him a chance. I can't fault my girlfriend because a desperate mother will do desperate things when it comes to her kids. She made a plea of guilty for murder in exchange for a flat 25. If it went to trial it would've probably been manslaughter but got more time. After telling him you know that'll open things up to discuss the situation. If he's presently doing good he could've learned his lesson. Good luck

Most Helpful Girl

• Under what context did his mother tell you? Why did she wait two years? The only reason I can think of is that she was somehow looking out for you which is telling. Otherwise I would consider it an interference on her part. Was he young when he did this? Using drugs? People make mistakes and can sometimes be desperate but picking on an elderly person seems to show an especially disconcerting lack of conscience. Would you be comfortable sharing this infor with your future children? My mother taught me something that has always rang true from experience... People who are capable of doing something to someone else, are just as capable of doing it to you. Also, why didn't he tell you? Every relationship I've heard of with similar circumstances, the guy told right away to get it out of the way. I don't know, how can you really trust him now? I'm sorry you're going through this. You must be pretty upset. Hang in there and always put your safety first.

What Guys Said 11

• if you wanna leave him then by all means do that but I think you should at least hear him out first. if you blatantly just drop him out of the dust then it could cause some serious emotional issues correlated with his crime history, assuming he finds out you left him because of that. but if you at least give him closure and he understands I think he would be much better off.

• yes u can give him another chance. people change u know... he might did sth wrong back then... but now he might've regreted about wot he've done.

once a criminal doesn't mean always a crimnal... and i guess he didn't tell coz he was afraid how would u take it

• I think hiding it from you was a very very bad mistake I can kinda understand where he's coming from by kind of trying to hide his past a little bit so you would only pay attention to what's in front of you sometimes people and life are going to fall down and get back up and people in life are going to need a second chance just because somebody committed a crime or something bad has happened doesn't mean to that person shouldn't be able to experience happiness you got to take a couple things into consideration does a guy treat you well how does he act around you is he a hot temper kind of guy if he's a good guy he treats you well I don't see the problem in overlooking or forgiving him for not telling you all of his past but if you want to look at it from a positive way you should pay attention to what's in front of you now and not what's behind him and his past take this for instance and don't take this the wrong way but what if you were a prostitute before you got with him and you changed your life for the better you got yourself all straightened up you're doing better than you ever have your super happy you're in a good place in your life and you're ready for happiness you're ready to date somebody do you really want to come out and tell them right away that you used to be a prostitute or would you try to hide that until the time is right if there is a right time would you want somebody give you a second chance or would you want somebody to throw you in the dirt because your past?

• Leave him... Thats a fucking shitty person to do something like that.

• I would not for legal and liability reasons. I have guns in my home and cannot allow a convicted felon to have a chance at access to them.

• its a vile thing he did, but hear his side of the story first (id love to hear his excuse for doing it).

Against all odds, he may be a changed man, and didn't tell you as he may want to leave it in the past.

• He should have been honest from the beginning so dump him

• Life is just hard enough...

• confront him with it.

• "Would you date a ex felon?" No way.

• Get the hell away from him now.

What Girls Said 5

• I wouldn't date him. That's a huge thing to cover up too.

• I couldn't because that would be way too much unnecessary stress in my life. Plus, I would be too worried that he would commit a crime again.

• Ok that's psychotic.

• Your trolling right?

• I used to not care who I date as long as I had someone. But I care too much now. It does matter