Why don't I have a boyfriend?

I'm now a sophomore in high school, I'm 15 years old, I'm athletic. Yet don't have a boyfriend/never had one. I know I may sound desperate but I just wanna know what you guys think as to why I don't have one.

Also please look at my question before this one and tell me what you think. It's about my crush

Most Helpful Guy

• probably because you don't put yourself out there? I don't know I could play the guessing game all day since I don't know you personally.

• I'm very shy when it come to talking to my crush, but not around guys in general only him. Please look at my question before this one and tell me what you think

Most Helpful Girl

• There are so many reasons why some girls tend to get boyfriends easy and others don't in highschool. One is the maturity level gap. If you're 15, you probably have a few more years of maturity biologically built in that may seem intimidating to a guy. I remember a lot of girls who could get boyfriends were very petite and younger looking, even though we were all around the same age. Guys are also pretty bad with trying to ask a girl out. Have you read the guys' questions on GaG how they are trying to find girlfriends in highschool? They're everywhere.

The problem with highschool times is that you're exposed to the same people every day throughout the year. If no one there is doing it for you, then you pretty much have to wait until you meet a transfer or find someone outside of your school to meet. Don't take it so hard that you're not meeting anyone now. Most of us don't or didn't at around 15. I finally had met a guy *outside* of highschool all together when I was a senior.

Not getting asked out has more to do with the lack of confidence of all the guys around you more than it has to do with you and what you might be doing wrong. Because you might not be the type of girl one guy wants, but surely will be the type another one does, he just doesn't have the nerve to ask.

I know this because 20 years after the 9th grade, so many of my former highschool male friends I found on Facebook said, "I always had such a crush on you back then." I thought, "Oh really? Thanks for never doing anything about it."

So just food for thought. You're probably fine, and you look cute, so I wouldn't treat this as a what's wrong with you-type of thinking. It's what's right with you, and what's wrong with the guys getting it together and showing that they like you and want to ask you out.

• Wow thank you this kinda made me feel better☺️ Do you mind looking at my question before this one it's about my crush

What Guys Said 6

• K so i wanted to run to gym with my friend today... 4 km run from school... but then he chickened out cause apparently it was too cold... so then my other friend was like "let's get an uber taxi..." so then we just went in the car...

It would have been GAAMME if we ran there

• Have you ever thought of asking guys out? You aren't gonna get what you want by sitting on your ass waiting for a guy to talk to you.

• Start flirting, I think you'll be successful

• You are SOO young... everything will be okay in meantime...

• why dont you ask one out?

• I'm too shy to ask my crush out, what if he says no? Then it'll be awkward between us and he'll tell all his friends. Please look at my question before this one it's about my crush

• I dont have a girlfriend because i am ugly i have a bad skin duck my ugly face

What Girls Said 3

• Guys in high school are hopped up on hormones, indecisive, and always looking for the next best thing. You are better off waiting until college.

• Yeah thats normal. a lot of girls go through that and are sometimes older and still dont. Depends on who you run into and how much you put yourself out there.

• I'm very shy when it come to talking to my crush, but not boys in general only him. Please look at my question before this and tell me what you think.

• But look at my question before this one and tell me what you think. It's basically about my crush and if he likes me or not

• Ohh okay

• I didn't have a boyfriend until I was almost 17 so your doing fine.