Guy insisting on second chances but won't really change?

ok so i've dated a guy for a month, it started great then he became distant, whenever i talk to him about it he would make excuses about being busy
i've tried ending it several times he keeps insisting on giving us more time
the thing is i do my part i call i text but he doesn't bother as much as i do ( he is not busy as he says he is )
i tried ending it for good today but he said that he thinks we should just take a break and try again in 2 months time
weird?

Most Helpful Guy

• Very weird indeed. I can sense he's trying to put you in his orbit. It's like he's telling you: "I'm not really very excited about the idea of dating you but at the same time i don't wanna be desperate or feel alone when i don't find any other girl who's a better option than you" So it's probably that for him, dating you would be dating down. This's called selfishness or cruelty. He likes you, but not that much and that's why he's trying to keep you in his orbit in case he doesn't find a better girl than you. The sad thing is that everybody does this. Everybody is selfish on his own way. You don't need a guy like this. You need someone who really likes you and wouldn't hesitate a bit or wait more before he really goes for you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Try again in two months? Just what. You can't put something like this on hold and expect it to be there when you feel like it, I'm speaking for him. Put the cards on the table and tell him now or never, if he wants to be with you he will and HAS to make time for you, that's how it works.

What Guys Said 2

• actually he wants a break-up as it seems... so he's givin u a break, so u and him both should have time to think if u r ok about being together.

anyway currently seems like he's not much interested judgin by his lack of responses

• busy is really subjective. maybe to you he is not as busy, but he actually is. Like in my relationship, I work just 2 to 3 days a week waiting tables, my girlfriend would think if I don't need to work, then that means I am free, right? Wrong, I have to look for real jobs after just graduated, sending out countless of resume and applications, accompanying family, helping them with errands, my time with friends, etc.

What Girls Said 1

• Leave him alone.. He's playing games