Is being a virgin a turn off to guys?

I don't know if the fact that im a virgin is a turn off to guys or not? I'm really scared to tell my boyfriend... Will it scare him away? (I'm 20) Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I don't really care if she's a virgin or not, it doesn't affect her as a person, so it's all good.
    Tell your boyfriend, we rather know than not know, and it won't scare him away, and if it does, it's a benefit for you, you don't wanna lose your virginity to someone that doesn't appreciate you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Its a turn on, however will become a turn off over time if he realizes your not going to give it to him. Unless he is also a virgin he is not going to wait years for you.

• "Some guys are kinda pervy and like to take an innocent girl and "break her in"." thats been my experience in life with most guys @Anonymous guy.

What Guys Said 9

• Why in the world would it be a turn off? When girls are scared that their virgins, you know something's messed up, these days.
    Honestly, I'd have a really hard time believing a girl WAS a virgin because it's not very common. However, it's DEFINITELY a turn on. I'm, myself, waiting for marriage and I would hope to find someone that had done the same and was still a virgin. That's definitely not a turn off. I'd like to be able to grow with my girl and learn together rather than her already being experienced. Honestly, it's a turn off if she ISN'T a virgin.

• No, and if it is a problem, its with the guy himself, not the majority of guys.

It doesn't make you a worse person or ruin your personality or anything like that. Also, i mean if he asks, dont be afraid to say yes. If he doesn't, you shouldn't be pressured to feel like you need say anything unless you really want to.

• If it's because you didn't meet the good guy yet, it's not a turn off at all.
    If it's because your religion wants it, it's less interesting.

• Absolutely not, it's a turn off for me if she ISN'T a virgin.

• In the west yes in the east nope , some of the west nope some of the east yes

• Not a turn off at all.

• I don't think it will usually girls being virgins is a good thing

• No not for me

• Tbh there are some dudes who are inexperienced or insecure with girls and they find virgins a turn on coz they aren't intimidating and don't have anything to compare them to. There are also guys who like virgins for religious/ideological reasons. Some guys are kinda pervy and like to take an innocent girl and "break her in". There are also guys who aren't really bothered either way, but they'll bear it in mind that it's your first time so they'll do what they can to make it as good as it can be. There are also guys who'd want the girl to have experience and wouldn't like a virgin coz she doesn't know what she's doing. I think that's it. lol

What Girls Said 2

• Depends on the guy. There are virgin hunters out there.

• Not all guys. Depends on what kind of guys you want to attract.