Guys, how would you feel if your "dreamgirl" (smoking hot, great personality, supportive, great career) drinks a couple glasses of wine nightly?

Basically, I just started dating a guy a couple of weeks ago. Throughout the couple of weeks and from the beginning, he has made it clear that I'm everything he wants in a girl and has even commented several times that I might be out of his league (I reassure him that I think he's handsome and very sweet & fun to spend time with). I'm the 2nd girlfriend he's ever had (the 1st one was 9 years ago!). He was kind of playing the field before he met me. He's 31 now.

Anyways, I'm from a family that enjoys a couple of glasses of wine in the evenings before bed. I don't drink hard alcohol or go out and drink a ton at bars like I used to years ago. I'm pretty tame now, but I do have my red wine in the evening. Side note: I also eat really healthy, workout a ton, and do whatever I can to maintain my health/ looks.

My question is whether you would have an issue with your girlfriend consuming a glass or 2 of wine in the evenings, even if she was your ideal girl in every other way? Also, he's a moderate drinker; most of the time he'll drink with me, but lightly/ really slowly.

16

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that's awesome, you sound like a classy girl. Plus, wine is good for you, in moderation of course, so I wouldn't have a problem with that.

What Guys Said 15

• If anything, that makes you more down to earth and normal! No problem at all with that!

• Do you give me a reason to find it an issue? For example do you turn to a complete bitch when drunk or are you unpleasant otherwise? Bevause if not i wouldn't mind it.

• Oh - if anything I get even more sweet and openly affectionate. I'm pretty tightly wound up from work (stress) most weekdays, and if I don't also go to the gym then I am a little more quiet/ uptight/ in my own head for a few hours. But I'll admit the wine also calms me down and helps me get to a relaxed state more quickly

• I actually love that! as long as its red wine, white wine gives me a head ache
    I dont really think he cares if you casually drink

• Love it! Besides, wine can be healthy.

• Uhm... no? 2 glasses of wine is no big deal at all. I can slam them down with the rest of them, but I don't, generally. But to directly answer your question, no, it wouldn't bother me in the least.

• It wouldn't matter to me i don't mind social drinkers at all...

• i wouldn't care if my non-dreamgirl did it lol. i mean as long as she doesn't go crazy when she didn't have any like an alcoholic and didn't think of me as a wuss if i drink less than her.

• Lol well no - neither of those are the case. I guess I'm partly sensitive because he told me a girl he dated before had a bottle and a half of wine over the course of an hour, then took 2 bendryls, THEN drank 1/2 bottle of his listerine mouthwash (literally drank it for the alcohol)... to the point she passed out and almost had to be taken to the hospital... so I'm hoping he doesn't have any concerns about me or feel sensitive about me drinking at night (he told me this story just to give me context on any concerns he might have, but clarified that he doesn't think I'm an alcoholic)

• lol was the girl he was dating stephen king? thats a bad habit. count yourself lucky you have 2 glasses a day.

• Lol - I have no idea what the heck was going on! I just know he told me that he wanted to call an ambulance, and she was like "no, this is normal...". I'm thinking "bitch, you're ruining "normal" for the rest of us lol"...

• Why would it matter? Did he tell anything about it? Wine or alcohol in small amounts is good for health

• Your dude sounds like a pussy. A glass or two of wine is great every night. If he has an issue with it tel him to fuck off and move on

• It wouldn't bother me. I have a beer or 2 on a few evenings throughout the week myself.

• I drink everyday for some relief from the bullshit of life.. Nothing wrong with that

• Not a big deal at all I'd drink with her.

• Cool for me

• I don't think it really matters because after 2 years of doing it her body starts to get used to it so the alcohol might not even make her tipsy after 2 years.

• I don't believe in following family traditions. You choose your own destiny