What is the best food to have on your first few dates?

You want to take your date somewhere, and want to know what kind of dining out experience would be best. From the poll, what do you think is great for the first few dates?

• Take Out / Fast Food (Pizza, Chinese, Burger joints, etc.)
  • Classic or Fine Dining (Italian, Greek, Steakhouse, etc.)
  • Exotic Food (Indian, Moroccan, spicy and culturous)
  • Pub Food / Finger Food & Appetizers
  • Healthy Food (Something unique, vegan, etc.)
  • Dessert only (Cheesecake houses, coffee-shop treats, etc.)
  • No food (self consciousness about indigestion or messiness)

Most Helpful Guy

• I always like something you can share, oriental cuisine is great for that. But I usually take her into the city which I know, then ask her to pick a genre. I know girls like you to decide but it's good if she can pick what she likes and I'll take her to a spot that does it gooooooooooooooooooooooooood!

What Guys Said 6

• Italian food! but i know fun restaurants where i know everyone who works there and you can eat outside and enjoy the weather
    Also italian food is always good, they make good sea food, good pasta, there is vegetarian options (pasta with marinara lol), you can't go wrong!

But desert only spots are good for a late night date, like if i take a girl to watch a show and its passed 9, and she says she really isn't hungry, i go to this place on the lower east side that has the best italian pastries!!

• I'm going with "Classic or Fine Dining" but I don't think it's a good idea to go to a snobby expensive restaurant, a more normal restaurant, somewhere where you can talk however you want, laugh and not worry too much about not being 100% perfect is the best.

• I would go for healthy food but not because I am vegan or a health nut at all. It is because I tend to make a lots of bubbly sounds as I digest and it is quite embarrassing. So I would avoid anything too greasy or meaty. Just a leaf of lettuce in a plate with a glass of water will be perfect thank you lol

• I voted "exotic" but what I really meant was "interesting or different". Like, I've never had dim sum, and I wanna take my crush to that eventually.

• Fine Dining (Italian,

• With the girls I usually go for, it would be pizza and burgers lol

What Girls Said 7

• It really depends on the guy I'm on a date with. If he's more higher class than we could do fine dining, such as an Italian restaurant or even Mexican. If he's cool with takeout, ordering pizza or just grabbing something from a fast food place, we'd definitely do that. I'm more of a coffee house girl, I love coffee and have been on a few coffee dates and we enjoyed them very much. It's something (literally) sweet and simple!

• Fine dining is the best for first dates because you want to make a good impression.

Fast food- just says you're cheap

Take out- is something for your house and hopefully you're not already at a strangers house

Exotic- Is NEVER a good idea for a first date because you don't know how it will sit with your stomach or if you do eat at the restaurant more than likely your date hasn't and it won't be pretty. (Might not like it or have to use the washroom)

Pubs/Resteraunts /w/ bars- Aren't bad it's more of a place you should go once you're a couple. For date night, to grab a beer, or watch the game.

Healthy Food- No way unless you're Vegetarians, Vegans, or both on a diet.

Cofee shops- Aren't bad at all it's actually a great place to meet and hold a conversation. So if you both enjoy hot beverages and not really hugry I see why not?

But ultimately is would prefer fine dining and typically at an Italian or pasta place.

• Take Out/Fast Food or Classic dining, but it doesn't have to be a super fancy restaurant at all.

• I chose "Classic or Fine Dining," but I don't think it needs to be some place extremely expensive or upscale. I'd like a place where we could talk comfortably and have some good food. That's about it.

• I picked healthy food because it says "something unique" in it.

• Exotic food. Should be fun, even if it turns out to taste very bad (that actually hasn't happened yet).

• Pub food or fine dining I guess