What do you call your guy? How do you introduce him to others?

I hate using the term "Boyfriend" I mean seriously we are in our 40s, and I don't date boys, I date men. The guy I'm dating is justifiably tired of being introduced to people as "the guy I'm dating". We are happy with our relationship the way it is and don't want to give people the wrong impression. I know this may seem like a silly question but things have gotten really awkward for us.

Updates:
Saying "partner" or "significant other" just set off lots of questions. We don't live together and don't intend to, but people expect that we should be living together. I just want to shut down the questions.

0|0
6|2

Most Helpful Guy

• "spouse", "partner", "better half", "my man".

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I call him invisible because he doesn't exist.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• I guess partner would work in your instance. I don't care about what they call me as long as I get dat recognition that I am the dude who's with her, so hands off... assholes! lmao

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• I either use boyfriend or partner, or I just introduce him by name and they can figure it out later :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, if I am bringing a man around my family can just assume that I am dating him. I just use his name. As far as friends go, my friends know of him, so again, would just introduce him by name.

0|1
    0|0
  • My dad and his girlfriend say partner

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd call him by his name in person. I'd call him "bae" in private (no downvotes please lol)

0|0
    0|0
  • I usually introduce the person I'm dating at the time as my "partner".

0|0
    0|0