People criticize me for my choice?

So I'm disabled and everyone I know is saying I should date another disabled girl.. And when I say "then our physical relationship will be bad" they say I'm only out for sex.. I just want to explode because I don't feel disabled inside so naturally I'm drawn to able-bodied girls, but not only am I not interested because of that it's because two disabled people dating is very impractical, I can't fully take care of her and she can't take care of me, and our sex life would be a joke.. I'm so sick of hearing this "If it's meant to be it will be" bullshit or "just be patient" that really is fucking working well isn't it? So I think I'm just going to war against the "norms" in society and making my own road, just because I'm disabled shouldn't mean I make sacrifices and throw out my fantasies and desires.. I may sound like a hypocrite but you'd have to experience being in my situation to fully grasp this... I'm so sick of people assuming sex doesn't matter to disabled people and people saying we should sacrifice our dreams.. I'm so fucking depressed because of this.. It isn't fair to me or another disabled girl to be in a relationship, she deserves and able-bodied partner and so do I. What do you think? Am I being selfish?

Most Helpful Girl

• You are not being selfish at all! Two disabled people (depending on the type and extent of the disabilities at hand) would be quite impractical. Unless people have been there or have been with someone who has disabilities, they have no clue and have no room to tell you how to feel. I am fat, but I do not feel fat on the inside. This is something that I thankfully can work on changing. You cannot help or change your disability. Now, as far as being patient- that is the hardest part! You should not have to give up on finding love. There are women out there that will love you for who you are and will look beyond your disability.

Most Helpful Guy

• Dude you should go score a fit hottie. Fuck what people think. I believe in you.

What Girls Said 1

• Nope. I think that's ridiculous. You can choose whoever you want. I've always wanted to get with a cute disabled dude.

What Guys Said 1

• Damn straight tell those people to fuck off. You are your own person you own you, you got that right as soon as you were born. Don't EVER let people walk on you they will only see you as dirt and continue to disrespect you that way.