What preventive measures should I take if I'm meeting a guy I met online ( we talked for 2-3 weeks ) for movie tomorrow?

Most Helpful Guy

• Meet in a public place with a friend or two and bring a firearm if you have proper legal authorization to do so. Stay in a well lit area. As a general rule of life, sit in an area where you can see the whole room and many can see you. Keep your back to a wall. Always keep your head on a swival. Check for possible suspicious objects in his pants or jacket. Make sure it is really him beforehand. If you have a family member of friend who is a police officer, it can't hurt to ask them to check CASENET for you to see a possible criminal record. Keep your food or drink on your person at all times, sealed if possible. Don't go to the bathroom alone, that's what those friends are with you for. Make sure your cellphone is fully charged and on your person at all times. If you are not legally able to carry a firearm, carry what you can. Obviously keep it concealed and well guarded at all times. You don't want it on your belt or anything where he can know about it or easily disarm you. And don't forget to have fun!

Most Helpful Girl

• You definitely should meet like 20 minutes before the movie in the public, well lit and safe lobby.

Gives you time to get a vibe off him and you're safe while doing so instead of being next to him in a potentially empty dark theater.

• We are meeting in public and he had already booked the tickets online. I'm asking him to meet earlier before going into the cinema tgt

• Well okay. I will

• Thanks

What Guys Said 5

• Don't go to a movie for a start. Go for a coffee instead that way you can meet during the day in a crowded place and it can be a short and sweet date - easy on both of you. Movie is WAAAAAYY to long for a first date and also a bad idea as you basically both have to sit there silently for a couple of hours, don't get to talk to each other and are still complete strangers at the end of it.

• You're also potentially sitting in a dark movie theater with a complete stranger.

• We are meeting in public and he had already booked the tickets online

• The usual. Meet in a public place, have friends around if possible, if something doesn't feel right you're absolutely entitled to leave.

• well you're already meeting at a public place so thats good. the movie theatre has cameras out front so meet him out front. tell a friend where you'll be and give a time you'll text them if everythings ok. drive your own car or have a parent drive you.

also you're under 18 so im gonna ask, have you done video chat on Skype or any snapchat stuff where you know beyond a shadow of a doubt its the real him?

• Never meet in private, bring a friend or two along and arrange to meet in a place with lots of people around, like a restaurant or park.

• Take a trusted adult with you..

What Girls Said 1

• I'd ask my friends to come but stay as passerbies. They get to see a movie too. Win, win

• Yw! You're already meeting at a public place. Having your friends there as back up would be extra precaution. Give them your parents number just in case too

• I will. Thanks a lot for helping. ;)