Why is it that we always ride on the back of a motorcycle?

My friend and i went motorcycle riding with our boyfriends the other day. We noticed that girls always ride on the back. Sometimes, girls will drive guys in cars but not motorcycles. Why is this?

Most Helpful Guy

• well if the guy for some reason has to hold on with his full body weight, i don´t know if the girl could still keep being in control.

whereas when the girl holds on to the guy with her full body weight, he´s likely to stay in control.

it´s simply a question of physical strength and security i guess.

Most Helpful Girl

• Umm if you don't know how to ride a motorcycle then why being on the front? You are just preventing the driver from driving safely risking both of your lives. Also, just like in a car, you need a license to drive. It's not just jumping up and going of to wonder land!

What Guys Said 6

• Because the majority of the time its the guy driving. Women seem to like to be chauffered (my ex demanded I drive her car when we were together since I did not have one) and I think its an extention of that. Plus for what ever reason its less masculin for a guy to be riding in the back of a motorcycle. I don't know why but thats the first impression response that I think a lot of people have.

• Would YOU want to ride on the back of a motorcycle being driven by a girl? In traffic. With big trucks buzzing by. Really?

• @mooky06 Why is this?

• Lol, I assumed asker doesn't know how to ride a bike. Ideally there is not any space (because the fuel tank) is there, so even if she wanted to ride in front 1. It would be dangerous with 2. Barely any space for her guy to steer the bike.

• It's a protection thing like the guy being the big spoon

• I would totaly ride on the back! I would have feel her up the whole time to. wait no i mean hold on.

• Not many girls know how to operate a bike.

What Girls Said 1

• If you knew how to ride a bike, then you would be sitting in the front and changing gears and steering. But I assume you don't so you have to sit in the back.

Girls can be at the front of the bikes. You just need to know how to handle a bike.