Is this a weird text message to receive from a guy?

I went out with a guy for a couple of dates. Anyways, I had no interest and eventually ignored his text messages. However, I unfortunately did lead him on a few times and went out with him once when I had no interest. Anyways, he sent me a text message saying "hey dear, I enjoyed going out with you and I thought you enjoyed it to, but because you are not texting back, I was wrong. I have to assume you did not enjoy being with me and I no longer will be texting you. I apologize for the bad evenings we had and for wasting your time."

• Yes it's weird
  • No, it's not weird

Most Helpful Guy

• he maybe want to get attention from you by not ignoring you...

Most Helpful Girl

• I could lecture you on how wrong it is to play with someones feelings , but we have learned how to treat people from toddler age.

His text isn't weird.
    I applaud him for expressing himself (like you didn't do) and moving along with life.
    I hope you let this guy walk away with his pride instead of responding back and further complicating things.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 7

• Just be honest to him, he deserves that much off you, no one deserves to be lead on and then ignored its the worst just tell, you don't have those kind of feelings for him, it will settle his mind a bit. If you want a friendship, offer that much, but don't lead him on, just one text will get all he hopes up again.

The text he sent was meant to make you feel guilty, he wants you to turn around and be like "What? No I had a great time".

• I think he is just trying to get a response and see where you stand. Why not instead of ignoring him tell him the truth and say,"I did have a good time, however, I am not feel the connect I am looking for." Or something along those lines. Just sucks always wondering why?

• Men have feelings too, you know, although society generally expects them to put up a front hiding them. If you had no interest you shouldn't have led him on. The fault is entirely yours, and I suggest you respond to him apologising for your behaviour. I'm afraid you've lost a very decent man.

• His message seemed proper

• A
    Weird way to manipulate you into a conversation, hoping it will lead to more dates... like them or not
    RUN!!!

• No, I think the weird part was the fact you couldn't be upfront with him and say you weren't interested. I actually feel bad for him, next time just be honest saves a lot of heartache and drama.

• He was polite considering you just ignored him. You deserved a meaner response tbh.