Who should pay the bill?

Who would pay the bill on the first date and why? This question is more for fun.

• guys
  • girls
  • lets split it

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow I like how nobody voted girls and so many said guys. See what bothers me about this is that women spent so many years fighting for their rights and equality yet the privileges that they already DID have never went away. If women wanted equality then they should've fought for equality in EVERY way, not just the ones that benefited them. I've personally been fortunate enough to be with girls who like being fair. The girl I'm with now usually pays for everything without asking for anything in return which I find mind blowing. I always stop her every other time and pay because I feel bad.

Most Helpful Girl

• Funny how the guys vote it's guys who should pay while most girls wanna split it but then we keep having those posts of guys complaining how they are always expected to pay lmao.
    But honestly, I think you should either split or the person who invited the other one should pay. (an invitation however does not equal being asked out!)

• because the adult society (social expectations) say one thing, but the comming generation (us) are embracing the new ideas.
      That's why XD

They're slow to embrace new ideas, and are stuck with the old ideas. But trust me, those guys are a minority, they're just the guys unable to get dates. The men doing OK tend to be busy with their girl and life instead of being here XD

What Guys Said 8

• I went to lunch with my crush once and she insisted on paying. Maybe she didn't want it to feel like a date lol.

• I would pay. Most people probably would say split.

• If you can't provide food for a woman then you shouldn't be taking her out
    Its a mans job to provide

• Why? Because society says so? A woman is just as capable of providing food as a man can. This isn't the year 1906 dude.

• I was raised to believe if you ask the girl out, you gotta pay, I always ask the girl out for the most part and I pay

You can let the girl pay when you have been dating for a few months

• Depends on who asked whom, but in general, I pay for at least the first date or two.

• The one who invited her/him should pay, but personally i will pay every time that is just me

• I think splitting it is the fairest way so that's what I would do

• I'd pay it, it'll also let her know that I greatly enjoy her company.

• If she expects me to pay then we'll definitely be splitting it, if she offers to split it but I like her and want to buy her dinner then I'll offer to pay for the whole thing (doesn't mean I'll insist if she feels uncomfortable with it.) If I don't really like her then we'll split it.

What Girls Said 7

• Either split it or have the person who planned the date pay. I prefer splitting though but sometimes it makes you feel special if someone organises everything and pays and shows you how amazing they are. Of course you should return the favour and organise another date and this time be the one to pay if you use that method.

• I always split it, unless the guy insisted he want to pay, then I'd let him. Sometimes I'd pay because I'm the one that planned the date.

• I'm down with splitting it. but whatever goes really, I don't care.

• Whoever it is that asked first should pay unless they're comfortable with splitting it. :T

• If I pay or split then it means I don't want to see you again.

• I honestly want to pay for my own meal, but if mr gentleman insists, I'll let him

• Whoever invited the other person to hang out.