Is it normal to prefer your own race?

I really like white guys a lot :3

Most Helpful Girl

• An interesting article here might explain some things about why some people are inclined to only be attracted to their own race here from Hamilton Nolan from the Gawker who interviewed a few anthropologists and psychologists:
    gawker. com/is-there-a-biological-reason-for-sexually-preferring-a-1507424247

Some quotes from the article:

"First, during the vast majority of human evolutionary history our ancestors wouldn't have traveled far from their birthplace and therefore would rarely have encountered individuals who looked very different from themselves or other members of their group—i. e., people of different 'races.'"

***

"... people are exposed almost from birth to media images; and even mirrors, which provide a clear, stable image of oneself, constitute an evolutionarily-novel input into our visual system that may affect the development of the brain mechanisms that underpin our perceptions of physical attractiveness."

***

"I believe the 'natural' sexual preference is for partners who are broadly similar to oneself..."

***

"We do know that virtually all psychological characteristics that have been studies are to some extent heritable. In fact, my own research shows that, compared with genetically nonidentical twins, genetically identical twins have more similar sexual and romantic partner preferences, which indicates that genes play a role in those preferences."

What Guys Said 8

• It is normal to prefer the race you are most familiar with. Of course your family would tend to make you most familiar with your own race, but if your friends are all of a different race because of where you lived, then it is likely you will prefer that race.

• Well, it's proven that we tend to go to what's familiar to us, so yeah, it's common to prefer your own race.

• Don't worry. Just like whoever you like.

• I believe it's quite common and normal. As I got older, I grew to be quite opposite.

• I'm not racist :3

• It's normal, rest assured

• Yes its normal i love white girls CX

• It's normal for everyone to like white guys. Nothing not normal about that...

What Girls Said 12

• yes it is normal..

• I think that's pretty normal. I'm African American yet I find white guys attractive. But in the end, I think I'll probably marry a black dude😎.

• You definitely should! Same race and culture. You'll truly be able to connect and understand one another (:

• Lol. That's definitely something I've thought about which is one of the reasons I'll probably marry someone black, but, I'm sure there are people of other races that I would be able to connect with even though we're from different cultures. Most of my friends are white and always have been. I think it's because of the classes I take. Lol. Plus people always tell me "I don't act black" like I'm suppose to act a certain way to be black. Lol.

• Yeah, it's normal. Everyone has preferences.

• It depends on what you're exposed to. I've grown up in one of the most multicultural places in the world, so I don't really have a preference.

• its not uncommon. but "normanl" and "not normal" is subjective.

• i think its kinda common

• I don't understand why you would ask. It's been considered normal for centuries. If anything some people find it wrong or weird to prefer the opposite, you can look into history (especially U. S history) to see that.

• Yes, I mean you are white..

• I guess. I don't really understand just because I don't really have a racial preference.

• Yes, it's normal :)

• Soo as an Asian do you prefer specific Asians or all Asians.

• Dam I gotta find another Asian to ask now!

• @Ihav2fart LOL! Well, most of my friends prefer South Indians, you know cause they want someone who understands our culture and stuff

• That's just nature

• How can it doesn't be normal?😂