Girls, would you date a guy younger than you? Guys would you date a girl older thank you?

So, would you? Ik there are a lot of people that don't mind being younger/older than their partner but I'm sure there are people that do. Me included. Personally, I would never date a guy younger than me. I don't know why. I mean, im only 15 now but I'm looking further down the line like years from now, but, I still don't think I would. I would just feel weird. I would want a man that would be able to control a situation (not that someone younger wouldn't be able too but...) I don't know, I feel as though I would feel like they had less control because they would be younger. If that makes sense😕. Lol. Even if they were just a couple months younger, just... no. Lol. So what about you?

• I'm a girl that would date someone younger
    52% (13)0% (0)29% (13)Vote
  • I'm a guy that would date someone older
    8% (2)80% (16)40% (18)Vote
  • I'm a girl and I would never date someone younger
    40% (10)0% (0)22% (10)Vote
  • I'm a guy and I would never date someone older
    0% (0)20% (4)9% (4)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
12|5

Most Helpful Guy

• I would, in fact, 4 of my girlfriends have been older, just for a few months, but still older.
    I won't date her if there's too much difference, I would say like a 2-3 year difference maybe.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It must be hard to imagine because during adolescence and even early 20's, a couple of years difference can make a large impact in maturity, simple because you will both be at different stages in your lives. EG Even at 18 with a partner who is 22, the 18 yr old would have only just left school, whereas the 22 year old would have left school about 4 years ago, and therefore be more experienced.
    Nevertheless, the age gap isn't as significant as 13 and 17 for example because as you get older age doesn't become an issue because everyone is different. There's no guarantee that when you are 22, a guy who is 21 will be less of a potential partner for you than a guy who is 23. And there is also the argument that girls mature emotionally earlier on than guys, when you are older it really doesn't make a difference :). The only difference you'll find will probably be personality.

1|0
    0|0
    • Wow! Lots of info. Great points! Thanks😊.

What Guys Said 4

• I can't even imagine someone older than me but i will not say i will not after all you dont choose love, loves chooses it for you.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yea. I guess that's true.

• Errrr I don't know. If she was more than a couple years older than me i couldn't do it. Her looks would fade long before mine would.

1|0
    0|0
  • well i mean if you want guys who control you. that all seems a little disney princess-ish. wanting a patriarch to rule you.

0|0
    0|0
    • 😂😂😂Yea. I see what you mean. But I don't want someone to "control me" per se. I just tend to like the more traditional style I guess.

• My mom is 1 year older than my dad. Married 30+ years

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• my hubby is younger than i am. only 3 years so I don't know if that really counts. but its a teeny bit younger :)

1|0
    0|0
    • Yea. That counts. Lol.

• Since I'm 18, I'm not gonna date someone younger, under 18. Later in life, sure, I would be open-minded to date someone a few years younger than me, but not right now.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 16 and wouldn't date a guy younger than me or older than 18

1|0
    0|0
  • I would... but not too much younger.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would date a guy younger than me but only by two years and he has to be mature.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would and I have

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer older but sure

0|0
    0|0
  • 2 years might be my limit, but it depends on the guy

0|0
    0|0
  • I currently am dating a guy younger than me

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a girl and I would never date someone younger.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have, but not more than 2 years differance

0|0
    0|0