Guys, would you date a woman who wasn't affectionate?

If the woman in question had a massively high libido and liked sex, but she really wasn't big on holding hands, cuddling and public displays of affection. Would this put you off?

I am not 100% ice queen, but I am not big on PDAs. I cuddle after sex IF it's in the context of a LTR. If it's casual, then I find that beyond awkward.

Even in a LTR I am not great at showing affection unless it's just after sex. I just don't feel the urge to (outside of that context).

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Might be hard for me to build a truly strong relationship with someone who wasn't affectionate. To be clear I don't require someone to constantly hold my hand or cuddle "all the time", but some affectionate behavior is nice from time to time.

What Guys Said 21

• if it were a situation where we were just FB that would be fine , but it just wouldn't work in a LTR ; deal breaker

• It depends. If she had a reason for being so closed off or if she was trying to get to know you before that point, then it's fine. Personally for me, if she doesn't show it in public but does so in private, then I would be fine with it. If she didn't show it at all, then no.

• I want her to be affectionate, i understand if she has an issue with public affection but after sex and in the bedroom i would like her to show affection

• No, I want a woman that shows affection.

• No, im sorry, but i couldn't do that. I need physical affection to feel loved, and no amount of sex can make up for that.

• Yes. Cuddling at least is rather mandatory. If you can't cuddle, then I gotta say - I don't know how it will last. I need some sort of affection besides sex.

• naaah not if she's chill or my type or someshit

I get that some people dont love PDA or DA all the time. But she gotta have something else going for her

• PDA or holding hands is not necessary, but I really like cuddling. So that might put me off

• Would she hug me after the sex and make out many times? If yes then i would date a women like that!!!
    But it's more like 50-50 cause i would need affection other than that when not doing intimate things

• I personally like affectionate stuff, but the high libido and the fact that she wanted me would probably weigh it out.

• Sounds like too much baggage and bonding issues, so I am tempted to say no.

• What about being affectionate behind closed doors?

• Less averse to cuddling, etc behind closed doors, than in public, but still more of a fan of sex than other forms of affection.

Just not a touchy feely person.

• I'm not fond of public displays of affection myself, so yes, I would date her.

• YES, I WOULD HATE THAT SHIT

• The high libido is great but the lack of affection is a deal breaker.

• This is exactly how my ex was actually, It did turn me off and it ended up in us breaking up.

• Yeah I'd date her as long as in our private life she was affectionate. If she was straight up cold then there isn't much point in it.

• Not for the purpose of finding a partner, more just for sex.

• A woman with a massively high libido and who likes sex?
    That's a myth from porn.

• The myth from porn is that women would get off from -- and would want --- the kind of sex that involves zero focus on a woman's pleasure.

• Indeed.

• Porn girls (are supposed to) 'have' such a high libido that they don't 'need' more than penetration to get a big O.

• No I don't think I'd want to at all.

• I have, I didn't mind.