Do you think only good looking people, can get/date other good looking people?

I'm just curious to hear what everyone thinks of this. I've been seeing this opinion thrown a lot on this site and it's... Interesting, to say the least. I've heard people on other's question that said you should "lower your standards" because most people tend to date other people that are in the same attractiveness level as they are. Do you think this is true? Would you think a not good look guy/girl could ever get the really good looking guy/girl? I know there's SOME that are able to but I'm talking about MOST PEOPLE.

• Yes, if you're NOT good looking, then you can't get someone that is.
  • No, you can still be not good looking and get someone who is.
For example, can someone who has a face that's a 6 could ever get someone who has a face that's a 9?

Most Helpful Guy

• There IS a percentage of guys who end up with girls out of their league, and sometimes way out of their league. That's just how it is... of course, that is a minority, but it still means there's a possibility.

3.bp.blogspot.com/.../image.png

What Girls Said 1

• No, not everyone is stuck on it. But I am.

What Guys Said 3

• no no my friend... each person has his own taste.
    maybe for a "good-lookin" person (accordin to general public)... a "bad-lookin" (accordin to GP again) person might be attractive to him/her

• I've known no end of ugly guys who are complete abusive bastards have no end of luck with women... or at least get long strings of very attractive girls half their age pregnant or otherwise screwed up before they move on.

• Looks aren't the only thing that make you attractive, particularly if you are a guy trying to appeal to women. Intelligence, wit, confidence. talent, sensitivity, consideration, strength of character, honesty and many more are all important, some at least as important as looks. It's just that looks are right there to see and these other traits are harder to gauge and can be deceptions.