How long did YOU wait?

It seems to me that too many people are so quick to tell a single person to wait for the right one while they're so happy with their "perfect" person. I want to know how long did you wait to find that "one special person that makes you happy"? How do you even know that person is right for you? Don't worry I'll wait.

Another thing that gets me is that people also are quick to say "stop looking he and he will come to you" so what people are just supposed to sit there and wait for someone to approach them? What it nobody approaches them? People dont just come out of nowhere.

Most Helpful Girl

• I didn't wait, I just started going out with my guy and then it turned into a long term relationship.

You don't sit around waiting. You don't give yourself a time limit, like five months then give up. Not like if a guy approached you in month six you're gonna turn him down because your time elapsed.

• What if one doesn't have any guys to go out with? What if she can't seem to find someone interested in her for other than sex and money?

• in all honesty though, I get the distinct vibe that you just aren't ready to accept any advice at this stage. It seems to me that you want to have a whinge and a moan and get some sympathy. Nothing wrong with that every once in a while, but I don't think you are ready to make any changes in your life, and I think you need to in order to be happy.

• All the advice I seem to get it just to wait for someone to come along and to just go out with guys and I dont have guys to go out with. This is what I mean. People who already in relationships saying these things as if dating is so easy to do. If I'm there for my friends when they go through something then I would like to think they are there for me too but that's obviously not the case. I want a meaningful relationship with someone who isn't using me and that will eventually lead to marriage and I am trying l change and see new people but it's always the same thing.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• I don't think that I am with my perfect person because I don't think I'm ever going to ind someone who's absolutely perfect for me. But I did wait until I found someone who makes me very happy and that I could imagine spending my life with.

• I like what you said her. Too many women in know are always saying how "perfect" their guy is and I'm like there's no such thing.

• I agree. Now the hard part is finding someone that's good. For some reason I can't find at least a decent guy to go out with and get to know. The guys that do come for me are always after something.

• That's true. I think that you shouldn't stop looking for someone, giving up and just waiting is not really a productive thing to do. In that time you could be bettering yourself and making yourself a more attractive option for the kind of person you want to attract, or you could be just bettering yourself for you.

• I haven't met a perfect person. I don't believe in that. I am my own perfect person and we're so happy together. Everyone else is just icing on an already delicious cake.

• I can't really seem to find that, unless I'm giving them money or taking care of them that's the only time I seem to have a guy.

• I think because i'm an introvert it's easier for me. I just enjoy my own company and so when i'm out with friends i always have a fun time. I think that attitude attracts guys, that just happy in your own skin and having fun kind of person. I think sometimes people gravitate towards me because they want that to rub off on them.

• All of my friends are too busy in their relationship to even go out. If I plan a girls night they either cancel or want to bring their dude. It irks me so much. Its called girls night out for a reason.