Is it common to unfollow your EX on social media right away (twitter, Instagram)?

What would you think if your ex started unfollwing you on social media? Would it make it look like they can't handle seeing you? or is it common. Me and my ex still follow each other on social media. If I unfriend her does it make it definite? What kinda statement does that send? Does stayong friends on social media show maturity? Clingyness or does it not matter at all? FYI break up was 2 weeks ago after a 8 month relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's common for couple's to delete each other off social media. I've done it too. It's just a way out saying "It's really over" and can help speed up the healing process as you are not constantly having to deal with seeing them all happy on their social media. Unfriending doesn't make it definite. A lot can happen and change. Some couples even find their way back despite social media deleting.

Most Helpful Guy

• You can't really use a blanket answer for this. This depends entirely on the relationship you guys had/have/want to have.

I've had exes I've dropped, but most exes I stay connected to. It depend son how you guys broke up and your current situation.

These are generic answers but really. If you guys broke up badly, and it hurts you or hurts her to see the other moving on, and you guys know that for right now you need space and distance from each other in order to heal and move on, you should drop friends. Stop torturing each other.

On the other hand if you guys broke cleanly, and there's no hard feelings, or you think you'll be able to recover soon stay friends. Especially if you have things that are keeping you in each others lives. Say you're on a team, or in a club together or have kids or a lot of mutual friends. For some reason you're going to see each other in real life all of the time, may as well stay friend son social media.

• Breakup with not much closure, complicated on/off 8 months, break-up just happened out of nowhere as a cause of a dumb fight. I do want to move on. Question was mostly if you do unfollow is that indicative that you are serious about moving on, or does it look like you just can't stand to see the other person. for me it's hard cause I keep looking at their profile and even if i unfriended i'd still be able to. It's the message it sends to the other person that I was curious about.

• It's indicative that you can't stand to see them. I know how you feel, I've just come out of a break up myself. I had this same question in my head for a week now.

Ultimately for us it would signal at least temporarily a break in our friendship as well as our relationship as lovers. We have lives that intersect often. We share friends and hobbies, breaking up as friends would be difficult.

We're staying friends in RL and online. That's how it is working for US though. I can't tell you it's the right thing for your relationship. If you need a clean break form her, take it and drop friend. If you don't think you need that drastic a change then stay on her friends list.

You don't have to post to her all the time or like all her comments, but you don't have to drop either.

What Girls Said 1

• I wouldn't care if my ex blocked me on social media. If anything I would block him first. I'd prefer not to see what he is doing with his next victim. 😁😁😁

What Guys Said 3

• It doesn't matter at all. It's amazing how much people hold onto people even when not in relationship. I'm shedding my exes as quickly as possible.

• yes - - - -

• I don't know how common it is, but it sure makes it easier to move on.