Girls, are you more intrigued by a man with "status" ?

As title... Basically does a man's social status greatly affect how attracted you are to him?

Example - 2 guys... equal in attraction - Guy 1 is a - is a model/athlete... the other one is just a normal dude who works a 9 - 5 construction job.

In theory Guy 1 would have more "status" a great portfolio to admire - psychological if you "model" you have the right look or an "attractive look" .. etc etc

Guy # 2 in theory equally as attractive but just working a normal job he lacks that "status"

Thoughts?

10

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes and no. I like powerful people in general but I am also smart enough now to realise the deal. I go with my feelings and the chemistry between us.

I want to be proud of my man but saying he is the CEO of a company won't make me feel more proud. However, saying my man is decent, kind, hard-working, thoughtful, fun loving, sexy, down-to-earth, funny as hell is much more important. A title can be impressive and will sway certain types of women, but I have to be true to myself and go with my feelings irregardless of his status.

What Girls Said 9

• I think it depends on the woman. Some women want a guy with a higher social status, because it'll mean something different to them rather than a construction worker. It could mean accomplishment, it could mean money, whatever. Other women don't care about all of that, feeling as though he is accomplished in his own light, or she could just like/love him for the simplicity of it all. Everyone's different.

• When you said construction job, I just made my choice. Guy 2. I don't want to be with a model/athlete. A lot of them worry about their money (rightly so) and I don't like attention/status.

I would rather have an attractive middle class blue collar working man with a great personality rather than any other man. Period. I don't want a rich guy. I don't want a guy who goes to work looking meticulous. I love a man who works with his hands and looks rough... and a bit dirty...

• If all other things are 100% equal, then sure, the "higher status" guy will be more attractive... but if the other dude has a more compatible personality or values or whatever else, I wouldn't toss him aside in favour of the "higher status" guy. Make sense?

• I would choose neither, but if I had to, I'd go with guy 1. It's not only about the "status" though. I'm ambitious, I have goals and work towards them, and I expect my partner to do the same. He doesn't have to be a model or an athlete, but he has to know what he wants from life and how to achieve it. A guy who works a construction job strikes me as someone who is content with where he is now and who isn't aspiring to a better career, so we'd simply have incompatible personalities.

• I would prefer guy two.

• Tbh I prefer the 9 to 5 guy

• I was going to say the guy with status, but not a model or athlete. They could be dump. I would prefer guy too.

• I prefer normal guys I'm attracted to and get along with, personally. I wouldn't want a CEO or doctor because they have to work so much and tend to be type A. I like laid back men.

• Well of course it plays a factor, due to our biology. Females tend to naturally be more attracted to guys with higher status because it displays an "alpha male" attitude which is a natural female attraction common among the whole animal kingdom, HOWEVER that's were are intelligence and civilization comes in. Although we might naturally be attracted to a guy with power, our intelligence is able to override that if we find the lower status guy more attractive overall. Basically, yes status plays a part in a mans attractiveness but it is not a decidind or all-powerful factor.