My boyfriend is mad/upset/jealous that I flirted with other guys BEFORE we were even dating?

Hi everyone, so my boyfriend of 7 months was looking at my old Facebook posts from 3-4 years ago and he saw that I was flirting with other guys in some of my status comments.

I don't get why he would be upset about something that happened way before he was even in the picture? What's going on? What do I do :/

Most Helpful Guy

• He's being ridiculous. If you were in a relationship with someone else at the time and flirting with other guys that would me wonder if you flirt with guys since we were together. However if you were doing it while you were single then I don't see what the issue is. He needs to get over his insecurities.

Most Helpful Girl

• There's nothing you can do but tell him to mind his own business. The important part is that you're faithful to him now. Who you were flirting with 3-4 years ago doesn't even matter. If he can't get that through his head, he has got some serious trust issues. And honestly dating a person who is that insecure and jealous is not worth it in the long run. Throwing a fit over people you were just flirting with a long time ago is childish. Who knows what else he'll try to pick a fight over. Ridiculous.

What Guys Said 7

• Sounds like he's a bit insecure and maybe immature. He can't possibly be critical of anything before you started dating. He's blaming you for having a life!!

I think this is also a sign that he could be the controlling type. You may think you love him, but how can you love a guy like that.

What do you do? Read him the riot act. Tell him that there's f*** all you can do about the past. If he can't handle that, then he can sling his hook!!

• Well I wanna know why the hell he's going way back in the posts in the first place, so please bring that up real fast.

Also, tell him that if he wasn't in the picture to begin with, hell if he didn't even exist then, why does he care?

• Wow sounds like he's got a lot of insecurities.

• Tell him that he's overreacting and that he shouldn't be upset about stuff that happened over 4 years ago.

• You should say something like " that was a long time ago "

• He's upset because he's lame.

• Do nothing. You did nothing wrong.

What Girls Said 7

• LOL my boyfriend gets grossed out when he remembers that I've had sex with other people before him.
    It's my past but he wants to think that he is my only one.
    Just tell him that yeah you flirted with others but who has you now? Who can actually call you girlfriend? <3

• It sounds like your boyfriend is incredibly insecure and taking it out on you. It's completely unreasonable to get upset with someone for flirting with other people before you were dating. I mean, shit, does he get upset about the fact that you dated other people before? Super ridiculous! He needs to grow up! You had a life before him.

• He is an immature idiot.. don't feel bad..

• It seems like he is insecure, and worries in case you still flirt with other guys while he is in a relationship with you. It's probably because he cares about you, and is scared to lose you to someone else.

• give him time.. tell him thats your past... and tell him his value... he will understand... if he doesn't you know babe what to do :)

• He must be very insecure for that to seriously bother him. A little bit of jealousy I could maybe understand, but it's really not fair of him to actually be mad/upset with you.

Remind him that those flirty comments were from years ago, and that you're with him because you love/like HIM, not those other guys. Kiss him, comfort him.

• Why was he going through your fb in the first place 😕