Girls, my sisters boyfriend still goes halfies on dinner dates after 3 years. That's ridiculous, right?

10

Most Helpful Girl

• I think halfies is normal for a long term relationship. My boyfriend and I usually split the bill when we go out, but occasionally he'll surprise me and pay the whole thing. I try to do the same thing to him but I have to be super sneaky about it haha, he tries to stop me otherwise.

What Girls Said 9

• If that's what works for them, why do you care?

My boyfriend and I don't go halfies, but we take turns paying the bill when we go out. So if he buys this time, I buy next time.

This is the new normal, I think.

• Hell yes! When she gives birth to their first child, are they going to go halves with the medical bill?

• Not really. It is fine

• Depends how much he earns? Does it bother your sister?

• Why ridiculous? If it's working for them...

• I take turns with my boyfriend, and he pays for the more fancy meals. It works for us. We're two poor teens in college, and we don't always have the most money. Going out for us just means time together however we get it.

• Seems fine to me. I've done half/half and trading off and on for paying things. As long as she's ok with it that's all that matters.

• No? Why would that be ridiculous?

• Not really, I think that is fair.