Do you think people who date through their formative years are missing out on self discovery?

I am not saying either way first off, I am just asking as I have seen both on this website.

by formitive years, I mean teens and early 20s, when you realy figure out a lot about who you are and how you fit in the world etc.

I am not saying never date during this time either, but more the people who have neevr really experianced being single during this time.

I have had friends who basically were never single for more than a month, or with the same partner form a very early age who have gone on to feel as though they missed out on a lot of their lives and I have others who feel they wouldn't have it any other way.

Personally, if I had to decide and having been in a three year relationship and two one-year relationships, I would say I think being single and forming your own identity is very valuable. I have become more 'one with myself' more single than I ever have in a relationship, and I feel that has made me a better person, and a better person to date more importantly. But again, I am not saying this is true for everyone, I just wanted to field some opinions on this.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not really. I started dating at 14 and every relationship lasted a year or more, with only a few months between. I think I discovered myself more through dating. I learnt more about what kind of values I appreciate in others, I learnt to respect myself more and expect that from others. I became a stronger, more knowledgeable person.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 0