So how important are looks for you in a date/partner?

just choose the percentage that seems appropriate to your personal priority setting.

if you vote don´t give me the white knight/angle bullshit but be honest with me and yourself.

• 10-20%
  • 21-40%
  • 41-50%
  • 51-60%
  • 61-80%
  • 81-10%
Damn... the last option is supposed to be 81-100% of course.
ok since this seems to be "a thing": i´m speaking of relationships with physical, romantical and ultimately sexual activity... please tell me i´m not the only one who thinks this was the obvious implication of this question!

Most Helpful Girl

• lol at your typo!

how does that importance scale work? can I say it 100% important, but personality is 100% important too?

• :D no every other factor is part of 100%

• yeah i mean certain pitches can be annoying XD but that´s not part of my dating consideration at all :D it´s just a very minor annoyance.

• Thanks for the MHO ^^

What Girls Said 8

• I can't really give a percentage - I have to be attracted to them, like solidly attracted, but after that their personality is much more important. You know how some guys have a binary "would or wouldn't" looks "rating" system? it's kind of like that. If I wouldn't, personality doesn't generally help. If I would, personality becomes much more important than looks.

There have been rare cases where I've thought someone was actually unattractive and came to think the opposite based on personality.

• Like 30 to 40 percent for a first date, I guess :)

• so it gets less important later on for you?

• yeah it´s a bad example :D you don´t usually get ugly suddelnly :D

• Yeah :) I think that with things like weight too, there's exercises you can do together to strengthen the relationship too :)

• Looks 30% and personality 70%

• I am not big on judging by looks but a person has to at least take care of them self. Hygiene and hair cuts, clean clothes, brush your teeth lol that's what I look for as far as looks wise.

• so as long as he´s well groomed, he can be ugly as fuck? :D

• Ugly to you may not be ugly to someone else, to me looks have nothing on how a person treats others and as long as he is a good person and isn't a dirty, stinky ass. lol

• yeah of course but if she´s ugly (to me), she can be god on earth and i won´t like her :D even if she´s like tidy and hygienic.

• If we just talk about looks he has to look like a well dressed presentable man. Of course devastatingly handsome is also fine.

• :D obviously. but how important is that to you compared to say personality... or any other factor that you can come up with.

• Both stand no chance

• i mean "average" of what you would get with. not average of all.

• Very important , Attraction has to be there.

• very important.

• Its necessary for me to be attracted to the person's looks if I'm expected to be physically intimate with him. If I don't have to be physically intimate with them then their looks are of zero importance.

• Essentially.

• hell i can´t even google or wikipedia the frequency of intentionally nonsexual romantic relationships xD i mean just because i can´t find anything on google doesn´t mean it´s nonexistent but it surely does mean it´s rare.

• With the keywords you've chosen I'm sure.

The answer is that looks are huge part of how sexual relationships work. And that's how it will always be as long as sexual reproduction exists.

What Guys Said 9

• it's hard to say. obviously I have to be attracted to a person, so I guess in a sense it is very VERY important. but physical attractiveness can either rise or fall based on a personality. It doesn't mean that a person I find unattractive will suddenly be gorgeous but a girl who is attractive can be gorgeous if she has a good personality

• yeah i understand that it kind of fluctuates a bit and that the other important things can compensate for each other. just try to approximate :D

• Lemme speak up for all the insecure people in here or pretending nice guys/nice gurls. 100% matters 👋🏻

• I would like to be turned on by her for sure. That can come in many forms, sometimes specific to myself and not most guys, but so be it. Either way, finding her attractive is very important to me. I love sex, why would I date someone, potentially for life if I am not physically turned on by them?

Also to your update, I thought it was pretty clear with the word 'partner'.

• I say 50% because i want someone I'm physically attracted to and you need initial attraction, but 50% for personality because it what makes me like spending time with them and keeps us together

• It doesn't work that way for me.

Looks are 100% important. Personality is also 100% important. Compatibility is 100% important too.

That doesn't mean each one has to be perfect, because perfect doesn't exist, but each category has to meet an acceptable minimum standard.

• this is not how percentages work... 30% 30% 30% would be appropriate for you then.

• No, 30/30/30 suggests that they're all part of the same "test." (and leaves off 10%, btw)

They're different tests for different stages of attraction, and each test has different criteria.

• 95%...
    ...
    ...

• 60% the rest is personality based

• fair answer!

• @Asker Thanks. The way I see it is the girl has to be attractive for me to be initially interested but for that interest to remain she has to have an awesome personality.

• I'm attracted to feminine bodies as long as she's average and I'm attracted to her, but women are way more brutal they are usually shallow af but a woman would never be with someone who she believes is lower than her facts.

• of course 80-100%